Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Praise: Version 2.6 Improved my remote usability 4 to 1

David-N5PSM
David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I upgraded my 6700 from version 2.51 to version 2.6 while carefully flowing the upgrade steps on...
  •  Win 10x64 desktop (Local) (Backed up profiles here) (TeamViewer)
  •  My win 7x64 laptop (Travel Laptop)
  • Win 7x32 laptop (Work Laptop)
  • Maestro "B" (Used everywhere  with a travel router)
         All went smoothly....All done while out of town.
  • No loss of profiles after cold boot (per instructions,  NOT HARD RESET)
  • No loss of SmartLink setup.

My remote setup is satellite internet at my shack with 600ms to 1800ms of latency.  Before the update it was marginal operation with the FPS and RATE turned all the way down and it was usable most of the time from most hotels.

After the update.....
  • No more disconnects...so far (Greatly reduced)
  • Broken panfall is now smooth and filled-in (Error correction now fills in gaps!!)
  • Broken audio is now smooth and un-broken by at least 4 to 1 over previous version
  • Marginal locations (Restaurants and hot-spots) that had broken audio when I connected are now usable!
   GREAT JOB Flex !!!!
de N5PSM

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Hi David

That is awesome!  Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.