Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using 6400 on 11 meters band

Rui
Rui Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I would like to know how can I TX on 11 meters band

Thanks

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Other than the fact that such Tx would be Totally illegal in United States you can’t change a FlexRadio To TX I on 11 meters.
  • Rui
    Rui Member
    edited April 2019
    Here is legal I live in Europe Portugal
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    You Can’t
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If you can Provide documentation such as legal in Portugal to Flex, Then they can send you a TURF File That will enable radio uggestion called flex directly
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    http://radioaficion.com/HamNews/images/07-2011/PDFs/ECCDEC1103-20110715080905.PDF

ECC/DEC/(11)03  ---  CB QRP OK in Europe?

...in the frequency band 26.960 MHz to 27.410 MHz ... 12 Watts (measured as a peak envelope power) for SSB modulation...

• Rui
    Rui Member
    edited April 2019
    I just would like to know if Flex is able to unlock my 6400
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Suggest you call Flex directly and ask them
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes...  If , as Howard stated above, you can provide them with proof it is legal to do so in your Country.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This is not the best place to ask, As Howard said, try calling them,,or start a help ticket with your question...
  • James Whiteway
    edited April 2019
    Tim has already told him on FRS's Facebook page that FRS will not open any Flex radio up for transmit on 11 meters.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Makes sense. That article spoke to the fact that 11M had been opened up to unlicensed Citizens Band.
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    SmartSDR V2.1.33 and below allows you to work on 11 meters for transmission, regardless of whether the turf is installed or not, and it is completely unclear why in versions above 2.2.8 this range was closed for transmission. I am downgrading to V2.1.33 and even with Turf installed for Russia, I have the opportunity to work at 27 MHz.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Office answer.

No regardless of where you are in the world.

If you need 11M operation, 11M radios are very inexpensive.  

Mike

• Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm no expert but, I believe you could technically use the XTVR port. I'm sure I will be corrected if that is not the case.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2019
    Correct.  You can transmit at low power on the XVTR port without frequency restrictions.
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    This is all wonderful, but why not leave a full-fledged transmission in this range if such a possibility exists in previous versions of the program, especially since this range is not licensed at all and  i can work even without registration
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Simple, Flex would love to advertise and sell a radio that has all band transmit. They'd destroy the competition hands down. But government agencies and the laws of the land forbid them from doing so. Same hold true with any number of "100 watt" radios. The manufacturers know they could get more power out, say 130 watts while the competition is only doing 100 watts. But the distortion products which are regulated by govt. agencies and the life of the radio would suffer. Check your local laws and see if you as an end user can legally modify a radio for out of band transmit. If you can't then how can Flex?
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    It seems that I'm not writing in English))
    I repeat once again: In the Flex Radio software version up to V2.28, it is possible to work on the 11 m band. In  USA, have the laws changed, or for what reason can I not use Flex to transmit to 27 MHz  with V3.0 as before?
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I think that may have been a flaw in the software that has since been corrected. 
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Same discussion going on reddit at the moment... CB radios are type certified, frequency and power limited. Flex is not type certified to use these bands. For the life of me I don’t understand how anyone would want to use CB bands after investing money and time in licensing and equipment.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited September 2019
    Nope, not a flaw.  The long and short of it is that we brought our region based frequency descriptions into line with the regional authority (IARU).  In region 1, there is no mention of 11m for amateur radio use (https://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php/spectrum-and-band-plans/hf).
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    Why should I buy additional equipment to work on 11 if I can use Flex Radio for this as before?

There are many hams who deliberately do not switch to version higher than 2.2.8 due to the inability to work in the 11 meter range for transmission.
    Why not open this opportunity for those who are not forbidden to work at these frequencies, because for this you do not need to invent anything additionally, but do it as it was already done before. I like the stability and functionality of Flex Radio, but I absolutely do not understand the policy of limiting the rights and freedoms that they introduced with the new software.
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    If there really are "many hams (that) deliberately do not switch to version higher than 2.2.8", which I severely doubt, then they must be of unsound mind. For who would sacrifice the gains of upgrading excellent ham radio software just to work CB? Why should you buy additional equipment? That question was already adequately answered. How onerous is it, considering the cheap stuff available for CB, to acquire something separate? Not at all. Love your Flex for what it is and what it was promoted for - excellence in the field of HAM RADIO.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Igor, time to move on,,it's not going to happen. Asking Flex to transmit out of band? NOPE!!
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hope this puts an end to this post. CB? Really?
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019

But what before version 2.2.8 did ARRL and the IARU allow work in the 11 meter range or did something change? ))) You can not answer.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Igor,

The ARRL is not an official agency or authority. It has absolutely no power to set or enforce rules.

Many hams seem to think that the ARRL governs ham radio. They do not. They are a private organization that promotes ham radio. That's all they are.

• Eric-KE5DTO
    edited September 2019
    Igor -- Actually, I can.  We are committed to keeping our frequency descriptions accurate and in line with authoritative allocations regardless of what ranges were available in earlier revisions.
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    The aspirations to comply with the frequency distribution should not be to the detriment of previously installed in Flex devices, which did not violate regulatory documents in terms of Ham Radio communications and CB. Any amateur equipment can be disclosed for transmission in the CB range without problems and why this has become a problem with Flex is completely incomprehensible. All that is not forbidden is allowed!
This discussion has been closed.