Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse Wheel Control in 2.1.30 - Frequency Tuning as in PowerSDR

DH2ID
DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
With the new version 2.1.30 I would like to take up an old idea, which was last seen here 2 years ago: I like the way mouse wheel tuning is possible with PowerSDR, where you just hover the mouse over the frequency numbers, scroll with the wheel and change fequency this way. 

2.1.30 has partly taken up that idea for SmartSDR and made mouse wheel tuning possible for all of the slider settings on the right side of the screen, like RF power, speaker...

Why not make mouse wheel tuning optional? It could even be integrated in the right click menu, which also has the excellent tune guides.

P.S. I know of course that mouse wheel tuning is possible with SmartSDR, taking the step information, but just not for the individual frequency numbers.

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ??? but just not for the individual frequency numbers. ???
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Individual Frequency numbers can't be tuned by the mouse wheel in SmartSDR, in PowerSDR they can. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I know there is always something, that's a feature I never missed. I can find the frequency fine without this.
  • N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have seen several posts about the "idea" of changing the tune steps while tuning with the mouse wheel just hovering the mouse on the relevant digit in the active slice frequency readout. After 3 years it is maybe time to renew the request for this feature. Thanks. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.