Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PG XL and Tuner Genius News from 4O3A Forum

HCampbell  WB4IVF
HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Tuner Genius XL

Hello Ak4ZJR,

2nd production run of Power Genius XL is expected to appear in FlexRadio in May 2018.

We expect to ship Tuner Genius with them at the same time. If something comes up they may be delayed but it will surely be a similar time frame.

Dragisa 4O9ITT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking ahead on Power Genius and Tuner Genius. Flex Radio Systems say they will start shipping the new 6400 / 6600 series radios in February 2018. Shipments of the 1st production run Power Genius XL amplifiers to customers will come after February.  For those with orders in the 2nd production run is 4O3A now building second production amplifiers?  When in 2018 is the 2nd production run likely to ship to Flex? Will the Tuner Genius (antenna tuners) for 2017 orders of Power Genius ship with the 2nd production? If not is there a forecast on tuner production? Any information appreciated. 

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/4o3a-genius-devices/k2LPUJQ0oYU

Comments

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    WB4IVF thanks for posting.  Any news is better than nothing, although it sure would be nice to know the definition of what production run means (as in quantities).  Having submitted a late order (12-2017)  this leaves me wondering whether I'll see my PG-XL in 2018? 19? 20?

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If one were to buy a Tuner Genious, how much would it cost?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited March 2018
    They have not announced the price yet.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It would be interesting to know how many production runs it will take to fulfill the PG-XL pre-orders (orders taken up through Dec 31, 2017).
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Would be nice to see some pictures of the production Tuner Genious. If Flex/403A are close to shipping both, then there should be some pictures available for the tuner. Flex has an official brochure that shows real pictures of the PG. XL.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Pat,  I believe they have an "Official" one on the PGXL Link.  At least it matches what they had at the Orlando Hamfest last month.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited June 2019

In case you haven’t seen it, here’s another recent thread about the tuner that includes some of our speculations on price, etc.:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tuner-genius-cost-and-release-date

Howard
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a question:  How many units in a production run?

thanks,

Pat
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I wonder who actually manufactures PC boards  and rest of hardware for PG and assembles them. Flex will not comment about current production volume, but from comments of US OMs appears that filling of orders is very slow. I placed my order in year 2017 and begin to wonder if I will receive my order next year. Customers from Europe and other countries of the world are also waiting and some
    of them look at other options.

Tom
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The last PG-XL update I received from Flex was late February.  Coming up on May now, so hope we get a new update soon.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, an update would be nice.  I know they are busy with the V3 update.  I'm coming up on the 2 year mark since I ordered mine.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    According to Forum input, it looks like most of the orders submitted up through April 2017 have either been delivered, shipped, or at least have received their initial phone call.  Your May 2017 order should be next.  Hopefully soon!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I would hope that they are preparing to start shipping again soon if not already. I haven't seen any big bugs in mine lately. 
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    We have been shipping in batches as we receive them from the factory. Three factory shipments separated by a few days each are inbound right now and they will flow to customers as soon as we complete incoming inspection. 
    Gerald
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the update Gerald.  Looking forward to getting the amp.
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Mr.  Youngblood, could you please provide status on the TunerGenius?
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yes!  I would also like to get an update on the TunerGenius.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Feb 31st,xxxx ( fill in year) Wish I knew
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    This is from a letter sent out last week from 403A regarding the TunerGenius.

We are currently reaching out to key users to assist us with Tuner Genius alpha testing, which is scheduled to begin in the third quarter of 2019. The production is planned as soon as the alpha testing phase is complete.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Too little, too late.......
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don’t think the executive management of FRS even grasps the concept that it is a retail business with  customers 
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Will do what I can to help make it happen. Better use of my time than complaining about why it hasn't
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Where do I volunteer to be an alpha tester?  I have all the test equipment and time to help.

• mikeatthebeach .
    edited July 2019
    Hope the Tuner Genius can Support a Antenna 1 and Antenna 2 Have 80/40 meter On Ant 1 Port And Also 20meters thru 6meter Hex Beam On Ant 2 Port With my Flex6600M Be nice if Two Antenna Ports are available On the New Tuner Genius 73 Mike WB6DJI
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited July 2019
    I think you're in luck Mike:

2000W

Matching SWR range minimum 1:3

LAN/CAT controlled

Auto, semi auto and manual tune modes

Can be used and controlled directly with Power Genius

Can be controlled from the Windows Application as a standalone device

3 antenna outputs

Has 4 relay outputs controllable from App (optional)

http://www.4o3a.com/solid-state-to-the-limit/

Howard
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The PG, AG, and TG should make a really nice combination.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited December 2019
    Any news on the Tuner Genius The PGXL needs an Antenna Tuner ( All SPE Amps have them built into them ) Mike WB6DJI
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The Antenna Genus will not be built in,, It does not matter what the SPE has.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
      Once again; the place for a tuner is close to the antenna.  If your antenna is 8:1, an internal
    tuner will make the amplifier happy, but won't mitigate against the heavy mismatch and
    associated losses at the coax/antenna interface.  The Flex tuner will be (if all goes well) suitable
    for mounting at the antenna where it will make a significant improvement.

Ned,  K1NJ

• HCampbell  WB4IVF
    edited November 2019
    Who said anything about building Antenna Genius (or an internal tuner) into PGXL?  (-:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.