Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem running SmartSDR 3.0.27 with Slice Master 0.10.7b, and CW Skimmer 2.1 (Flex 6400, Windows 10

W7OMM
W7OMM Member
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just updated to Smart SDR 3.0.27 with my Flex 6400.  With Slice Master 0.10.7b, I can start CW Skimmer 2.1, but the waterfall is empty in the lower frequencies of the 20m band.  DAX IQ RX 1 is enabled for Slice A, and is set up properly in the CW Skimmer settings (I think).  What's interesting is that if I tune SmartSDR to some higher frequencies in the 20m band (though not always), I do see a waterfall in Skimmer - the frequency in Skimmer changes as expected.

I am running Windows 10 with the new Feature Update that Microsoft just released - I'm wondering if that Windows Update may have broken the communication with CW Skimmer?  WSJT-X is working great with Slice Master 0.10.7b in this setup.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Claudia
W7OMM

Answers

• W7OMM
    W7OMM Member
    edited June 2019
    I just started Slice Master and CW Skimmer again (It's about the fifth try), and now things appear to be working well.  Not sure what happened there!

Claudia

LATER EDIT:  I think I assumed that the DAX IQ Channel was selected because it was shown as selected.  But if I re-select DAX IQ Channel 1 manually when CW Skimmer's waterfall is empty, the waterfall starts working....still learning the ropes with SmartSDR! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.