Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

iOS version of Flex SSDR software, shared license

Dan Trainor
Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Hello,  I have a Flex 6400.  I am sharing it with a friend.  We are in different states.  I have iOS SW which I purchased from my Apple account.  Does my friend have to purchase same separately?  Or can he somehow use my purchase license and install iOS app on his iPad?  I am running version 2.4.9 (not ver 3). Thanks in advance.  Dan

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    He will have to purchase it using his apple id.
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Your purchase of iOS SSDR is tied to your Apple account, and any device that shares your Apple ID can share the app. If your friend wants to remotely operate your Flex 6400 he can either download and install SSDR on his windows computer, or he can purchase iOS SSDR for his iOS device. Of course, the third option is to loan him your iOS device iOS SSDR can not be shared, exchanged, or transferred across Apple accounts.
  • Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

OK thanks guys.  He purchased it with his Apple ID account and we registered it with my radio.  It is working (sortof).  It will run for 5 or so minutes then freeze (not disconnect).  No way to unfreeze it unless he hits the disconnect button and re-connect again then it come back for a short while then freezes again.  Concicently, I had the same exact symptoms this morning (before we even go him set up).  So, we are thinking there is a bug - but I have been using iOS version for a month without problems.  Puzzling.  Anyone see this type of issue recently?  A freeze???  Dan
  • Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

He just switched over iPad from Wi-Fi to cellular and now works as expected.  But, with using his home Wi-Fi it only works for say 5 mins then freezes (but does not disconnect). Cellular WAN connection works fine.  dan
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Strange.  You would think the home Wi-Fi would be better than a Cellular connection.  I had similar issue with the iOS app.  It requires a VERY robust low latency network connection !  Turning off bluetooth on my iPad also helped.  
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You may need to reboot his or your internet modems and/or routers.  There may be a glitch, buffer overflow, buffer bloat, or other situation. 

You may also have developed a bad connection in a CAT5/6 cable somewhere in one of your systems.  

My suspicion is that it is on your system since you both have had connection problems.  

Also check to make sure that the Display settings have the waterfall rate turned way down or off if your homes upload speed is borderline.  My system is so slow that I turn the waterfall OFF when running remote over the WAN.

@Joe, I also have had recent "chop-chop" problems when trying to use my bluetooth headphones on my iPad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.