Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Found issue with Version 3.0.19 running remote

WX7Y
WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
running remote using a RS-232 serial cable with CAT control PTT RTS for my PTT I am having so weird Key and Un-key issues

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It’s impossible to diagnose “weird”. Can you describe your issues? Are you using a key denounce circuit? Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I did but some reason it truncated my issues, here you go

Been running remote here for a year and a half (1.5) years using a RS-232 serial cable with CAT control PTT RTS for my PTT I am having some weird Key and Un-key issues with SSDR 3.0.19, this is a intermittent issue that keeps radio keyed or won't key, if it Keys the radio and stays keyed then several PTT clicks will usually stop it, audio also goes over the radio when it is stuck on but MOX button sometimes shows clouded out when it fails to key so I am certain it is NOT a PTT hardware error. I have Hard reset the radio, removed the CAT Drivers and manually re-installed them, rebooted the computer etc.
    I have to restart SmartSDR for this to stop this behavior the next time it happens I will try to restart CAT.
    Going back to version 2 I have no issues and this is with both my 6700 and 6600M running Remote.

I am  just letting people know this may be a issue if your running remote. 
    I will be reporting this to FLEX tomorrow whom may already have this in the list of things to fix, I can't remember seeing it in the Release notes.

SSDR v3.019
    Win10 Pro with 1809 update installed
    Heil PTT switch and foot switch
    PGXL Amp
    Flex6700 and 6600M

73's
    Bret WX7Y

Just tried it again and stuck on, Restarting CAT did not clear the stuck on MOX button 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I experienced the same thing, I ended up going back to using the Remote MOX feature with frstack.

I discussed this with eric and they could not duplicate this issue on their end.

I made a video showing the issue.    https://youtu.be/8aYl8UUzJbM

I noticed when I had the log window open for that PPT port in the cat control panel it corrected itself, close the log window and it started again. I think Weird describes it pretty good.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Glad to hear I'm not the only only one
    thanks Larry

• David
    David Member
    edited April 2019
    Similar problem here, using DXLab Commander, using CAT puts radio into TX but refuses to go back to RX until I click MOX
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    The DX Labs Commander is a known issue. Current version of Commander does not handle PTT correctly with 3.0.19

Dave wo2x

• David
    David Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks, hopefully a new version soon?
  • David
    David Member
    edited April 2019
    Sort of working as a Kenwood, mode switching isn’t automatic with WSJT and FLDigi but ok in short term.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.