Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro doesn't power up

Gary Schulz
Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in Maestro
I am having no luck powering up my Maestro.  I believe it has been sitting for a month or so since the last time it was used.  What is the proper procedure for getting it back up and running?  I did a search on the forum and it looks like they die all by themselves when not used!?  What are you supposed to do when this happens?

Thanks

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    See if this topic will assist you in addressing your issue:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-wont-power-up-anyone-seen-this-issue-before

Regards,
    Ronald
  • Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    That's the thread I saw indicating that users needed to send their Maestro's back because they were not plugged in.  Was hoping there was a more reasonable approach...
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

OK...give this a try:

If you have a battery bank installed in your Maestro, **disconnect the USB cable from it** so that the Maestro is not using battery power.

Connect the Maestro to a wired Ethernet connection using the RJ-45 Ethernet connector that is located on the same side of the Maestro as the DC coaxial power connector.  This connection can be to your local LAN network or a direct connect to the FLEX-6000.   Before connecting the Ethernet cable to the Maestro, visually inspect the Ethernet connector to ensure that there isn't any foreign bodies, like Styrofoam packing material, inside the connector that could cause it to not make a proper connection.  You can use compressed air or a non-metallic tool, like a toothpick, to remove anything that may be in the connector.

Connect the supplied AC power adapter to Maestro.  Make certain that the AC power adapter is connected to a known good power source (if a power ****, make sure it is turned on) and operating properly.  You may need to check the DC output of the AC power adapter if this step is not successful.  If the Maestro was powered off, connecting the AC power adapter may cause the Maestro to boot.  If this happens, allow it to boot up to whichever screen comes up.  Then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.  You may see a blue screen pop-up while doing this. If so continue to hold down the power button until the blue screen disappears.  Then release the power button.

Allow the Maestro to stay connected to the AC power in the powered down state for 15-30 minutes to allow for the internal display battery to recharge.

After allowing for the internal battery to recharge, start the FLEX-6000 and allow it to boot up.  After the FLEX-6000 has booted up, boot the Maestro by pressing and holding the Maestro power button for 5-6 seconds and then releasing.

If this does not work I would open up a ticket to receive further assistance...

Regards,
    Ronald

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ronald,

Thanks. I will take a **** at that approach.

Gary
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Open a Help Ticket.  Depending on your comfort level FRS will walk you through the ways to fix this, including some ideas that will reduce your future troubles.  

I have two original Maestro & help a friend manage his Maestro/Flex-6300.

I have done my own simple mod to allow an easy recover if this every happens, based on what FRS work with me on a help ticket.  I'll feel out FRS sometime soon to see if they would be happy with a post outlining what I did to my units, as they initially were a bit skeptical that someone could do more damage misusing my fix.  

No matter what FRS will help you out with the right info.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Same issue. I will try this when back home from breakfast
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I tried this and this does not work. Also tried charging the USB battery that I had disconnected and then reconnected it and nothing, nicht, nada. 
  • Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I wound up leaving mine on the power supply last night and this morning it was on.  Weird how it just turns on by itself.   I plan to leave it plugged in now as much as possible to hopefully avoid this situation again.  Can't say exactly how long it took to come up but sometime in a period of 6 to 8 hours or so...
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I am leaving mine plugged in at least til tomorrow AM.  Hopefully, it will come on or Flex will contact me as I opened a ticket.  I brought the Maestro with on a trip to use. I hope they call me before I need to return as I do not want to carry a dead Maestro with me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.