Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL utility remote (port forwarding)

Matt (K0KB)
Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
I’m hoping the PGXL utility will have a “remote” tab available in the near future like the antenna genius does? It would be nice to not have to do any VPN stuff since you have made the VPN essentially obsolete for the radio, cat, etc interface with the introduction of smartlink.imageimage

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Matt,

You can open ports on your router now to use the app. I don't remember the ports used by the app but you can run WireShark to easily determine them. With that said I have been using the PGXL amp for over 18 months and almost never open the app. Forward power, reflected power, SWR, temp, are all available in SSDR, Maestro, and the iOS app.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Mack,

Please tell me more.  Discovering ports to forward is no problem, but the broadcasting of UDP packets to discover the amplifier as the only means of discovery isn't so straightforward for use over the internet.  If I open the app on a remote PC, how does it know what forward facing IP my amp is at?

I am fine with only using the power meter, etc in smartSDR but I have some newer people I let use my station and it would be nice for them to know their actual peak power on SSB instead of getting a useless reading.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.