Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 & Maestro demo near me?

I'm interested in the 6400 and wonder if there is anyone within about 100 miles of the Springfield, MA area that I could visit for a demo? Thank you in advance, Larry, W1AST

Answers

• Steve
    Steve Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm about 130 miles north in Wilmot, NH if that is any help.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I am on Cape Cod
  • Larry Krainson
    edited February 2019
    Where on Cape Cod Burt? And would you be interested in showing me your 6400?

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sandwich, I have a 6400M that has the display right on it but if I turn on my computer you get the same display as a 6400. You can see it, use it, whatever you like.
    K1OIK
  • Larry Krainson
    edited February 2019
    That''s great. Are there some days better than others to come out? I don't know if you work our are retired and more flexible. And then I can check my schedule. Thank you!

• Larry Krainson
    edited February 2019
    Hi Stephen, I'm going to try to get to Burt on the Cape which will be easier for me to get to. Thank you for your reply though and if that trip falls through I will be back in touch.

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This week would have been great because it's school vacation, I teach 5th grade, but I developed a cold which I doubt you need. I will keep you updated.
  • Larry Krainson
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, no cold for me. I work for myself but am booked the rest of the week anyways. Perhaps a Saturday or a weekday at least a week out? I don't know if there are any school days off coming up? Just looking forward, I have Sat the 2nd of March available but every Sat and Sun after that something is going out about a month. But I'd really like to see it soon. You can reach me faster at w1ast@arrl.net than here.

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    March 2 looks possible, contact me using my QRZ address. I am in school all next week.
  • Larry Krainson
    edited February 2019
    email sent. Thank you Burt.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    As an FYI - while I cannot personally speak for all of the FRS Elmers, I know that I have not turned away anyone who has asked to make a shack visit to see my Flex-6000s and gear in action.

Just ask!   (Located 30 miles south of Green Bay, Wisconsin and second location on Washington Island, Wisconsin).

Steve
    K9ZW
  • Larry Krainson
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Steve. While I'm surprised no one closer to me responded, I'm working with Burt ; K1OIK above and heading to his house to check it out. I know locally, I've had people here for the same reason. But some people just don't want others in their homes or to know what they have. Keep up the Elmering! - Larry, W1AST

• Don Manley
    Don Manley Member
    edited March 2019
    Larry i have the system your looking to see demo of i can help out when will you be near the cape Im in New Bedford

• Larry Krainson
    edited March 2019
    Hi Don, I was going to text you today actually to see if you were up and running yet. Small world....I'll IM you later today and we'll set something up...I won't be camping on the Cape until July, but want to see the Flex in action before Dayton, when I plan on buying something.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.