Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master

John Maguire
John Maguire Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When Slice Master starts it says NO CONTACT at the bottom of the screen and the LAUNCH window is blank. I have Smart SDR running. DAX is enabled - I am able to operate WSPR both TX & RCV.

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    John,

Slice Master is telling you that it cant connect to your radio.  Usually this is a firewall problem.  When you first launched Slice Master, Windows should have asked you to grant it permission to access your network.  Slice Master needs access to your network mostly to communicate with your radio, but also for access to outside spot sources if you choose to use them and for access to the programs that it launches for you.

If you did grant network access the problem might be that Slice Master is not on the same local network as your radio.  Slice Master does not implement the SmartLink protocol.

--Don

• John Maguire
    John Maguire Member
    edited February 2019
    Don,

Most appreciative of your quick reply. I just looked and see that the firewall had granted permission but I turned it off anyway as a precaution. More info follows:

Firewall now OFF
    I am using a new MacBook Pro/bootcamp - up to date.
    My Slice Master is ver .6 which I think is three weeks old.
    WSJT ran well last night in both RX & TX.
    In spite of the above I am uncertain that I have the TCP ports set OK - 6000 vs 60000.
    I am in Seattle, radio is in Maine.
    Have Maestro running correctly but not turned on during all of the above.

Could you please point me to a url for up to date step by step setup instructions - I feel like I might not be locating the most current. Is there a You Tube video that you like?

Respectfully,
    John
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    John,

It sounds like you are doing everything right... almost.  When you say you are in Seattle and the radio is Maine, are you also saying that you are using SmartLink to connect to the radio?  Is Slice Master running on a computer in Seattle or on a computer in Maine?  I'm going to guess the answer is Seattle.  Without a VPN connection between your computer in Seattle and your radio in Maine, Slice Master wont work.  If you have a computer in Maine, on the same network as the radio, you could run Slice Master there.

--Don

• John Maguire
    John Maguire Member
    edited February 2019
    Don,

You got it .  .  .

Yes, Slice Master is here in Seattle! I used VPN prior to SmartLink and will have to consider the manifestations of either that or putting Slice Master in Maine.

With Slice Master in Maine, does WSJT-X also need to be in Maine? When running WSJT-X, will I be doing everything in Seattle with a computer to the exclusion of Maestro?

Could you possibly give me current url's to spin me up on Slice Master?

Many thanks, apology for so many questions .  .  .
    John
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    John,

Slice Master will launch programs on computer where it is running.  You can control the radio from Seattle with Maestro but have Slice Master in Maine launching the likes of WSJT-X and friends there.

The latest Slice Master is available from

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

where you'll find version 0.10.6a.

--Don

• John Maguire
    John Maguire Member
    edited February 2019
    Don,

It was installed in Maine this morning and is working perfectly .  .  .

Respectfully,
    John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.