Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No transmit on 6400

I received my 6400 today.  Using SmartSDR 2.4.9 on a Windows 10 computer.  I hooked it up and all went fine until I tried to transmit using the FHM-2  mic.  No transmit at all.  It shows output using the ATU.  Contacted a local Ham who has the 6400.  We tried everything he could think of.  Used all the setting he was using on his radio, still nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I did open a Help Ticket..  Frustrating to have a brand new radio that does not work.

Answers

• Eric Macauley
    Eric Macauley Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The FHM-2 requires bias voltage, see page 157 in SmartSDR Software User Guide v2.x for where to enable it.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I was the local ham helping him. +20db bias was set to on. OBTW he has NO output on CW as well. TX inhibit is disabled. We did factory reset on radio and still no joy.
    Probably something simple we are overlooking?
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Check the back to make sure you Plugged mic into jack marked MIC It happened my first time I had the Mic in wrong jack The end of the FHM-2 has Two required connections needed The MIC 3.5mm plug And the RCA PTT line Make sure in Radio Setup TX tab that The TX Inhibit is set to Disabled 73 Mike
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If your using SmartSDR on a PC and have TeamViewer, someone can look at all Your Settings Mike
  • Jim Ervin
    Jim Ervin Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks to all who replied.  I did check all my connections and the menu items.  Tim (Flex Radio) suggested I do a cold boot and a Factory Reset on the radio.  Whatever it was went away and now I have power on transmit, both voice and CW.  Thanks again for your help.  Now, I have to tackle the Maestro and hook up the Amp.
    Jim
    W0VKW
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    There is some confusion when 1st setting up the 6400 or there was with mine. Following the start up sheet that Flex includes when my 6400M ( I had one of the earlier units about a year ago now) didn't include that you had to go and choose the included mic BUT  LOAD it. Yes it said default but that does not bring any audio out. After I went and loaded the FHM-2 from the list it took off. Maybe Flex has corrected this now I dunno know not pointing any fingers just FYI this has stumped many new owners after unpacking. Congras on the new rig go slow and enjoy the only problem I have found after buying a Flex is if you are like most Flex owners you will never want to go back to a conventional radio. People will say to me " Oh Kew or Yau or Icn have a new radio have you seen it" my reply is Oh OK but I could care less.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.