Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX & System error

Chuck
Chuck Member
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
For no apparent reason at the time, I was getting DAX & System errors after invoking SmartSDR. Went through the usual drill of DAX uninstall/install with no joy. To make a long story short the  cause was the anti-virus program AVAST and their recent update to include a Sandbox mode.

Thanks to Tim at Flex for seeing the issue and getting me back up and running.

So if you see a little orange box embedded with your program desktop icon and your running AVAST you might have the Sandbox mode turned on. Click on it and it will disappear. How it picked up to turn on with SmartSDR I have no idea.
I am finding AVAST to be more and more intrusive and am about to dump them.
Score 10 for Flex support and 0 for AVAST.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Tim is a very special person and kudos to him for his astute insight.

Jim, K6QE
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I've been running BitDefender with no SDR conflicts for several years now.  Rated pretty highly.  I'm sure there are other good products out there.
    73 & Happy New Year,
    Bob, WK2Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.