Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M API question

Tom Worthington
Tom Worthington Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in SmartSDR API
I've been experimenting with the API on my 6600M using Putty. Most of the commands execute as described however, whenever I try to send a SCU command, for example to set the scu filter (Command 19) I get the following (debug) response: 
"R19|50000021||Security fault; command not executed"
Is the software trying to prevent me from doing something dangerous (often a good idea) or do I need to do something to elevate my privileges?

Is there any possibility of getting an updated wiki for the 6600/6400 radios?

Thanks, Tom, NH6Y

Answers

• Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited November 2018
    What is the exact text of the command you're sending? I'll try it here (on my 6500) and tell you what I see.
  • Tom Worthington
    edited November 2018
    "CD19|scu filter 1 hpf" that should, I think, set SCU1 to wide (only the am broadcast band filter)
    I've tried other scu commands including the one to change the preamp and I get the same response.
    If you leave out the D you only get the error code back.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited November 2018
    I tried it and received the same reply.

I found the commands in the Wiki at:

http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?title=TCP/IP_scu

I tried other versions of the scu command, all with the same result:

At least on my radio, all of the scu commands seem not to work.

I looked in the FlexLib source code and could not find any "scu" commands. Maybe they have been removed. It wouldn't be the first time that the Wiki was out of date.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    While the SCU exists in the radio, it is abstracted and is only controlled through the various resources that use them (Panadapters, Slices, etc).  So I guess the question is what are you trying to accomplish?  Then I can probably help you with how to do it through the API.
  • Doug - K3TZR
    Doug - K3TZR Member
    edited November 2018
    HI Eric,

I was only trying to help Tom by trying the same commands on another radio, I don't know what his original need was.
  • Tom Worthington
    edited November 2018
    One thing I wanted to do was to explore the effect of the filters and the scu commands allow turning them on and off without changing any other parameters on the radio.  I haven't discovered any other way to do this.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately, this is something the API is designed to do automatically and it can't be changed given the interfaces that we have setup today.
  • Tom Worthington
    edited November 2018
    OK, thanks for letting us know.
    Aloha, Tom, NH6Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.