Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Help with Green signal strength triangle drops

W5AP
W5AP Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Maestro is hardwired to my router, but the green signal strength triangle on top of the display fades to red or several yellow and sometimes drops the signal entirely. Then returns to full 4-5 bars.  So is this going through Smart Link? And if so is there a way to turn off Smart Link so as to communicate directly through my LAN (everything Cat V hardwire connected)

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I don't have a Maestro, but when my computer is hooked directly to the LAN I don't get a Smartlink option, just a direct connect option. When I operate with IOS on my iPad, I get the option of connecting through Smartlink or directly.

Jim, K6QE
  • Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I get the same thing with a hard wire connection. I am not connected via Smart Link and everything is on the same local LAN. This does not happen all the time but on days it happens, I seem to see it after a band change.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Mine does exactly the same thing. So I just ignore it
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Open LAN window and see if there are dropped packets. Some times there are communications errors happening. They could happen for many reasons. Bad cable, RF, connector issues etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.