Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the Antenna Genious be connected to a IC 7851 and FRS 6700 at the same time?

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in Third-Party Software
I want to hook up the antenna genious to an ICOM 7851 and the FRS 6700 at the same time.
I do not see a way to do that.  Generally speaking, can the AG be hooked to two different types of radio at the same time???
Peter

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    You should but that would limit the functionality of the 6700. Can’t you specify the radio communications protocol for each input? Mike
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don't see a way to configure the AG to do this.  I'm only using the 6700 for digital, gave up on the other modes for now.  So, again, want to have the IC 7851 control port B and the 6700 to control port A.  I mean, if the AG can't do this then why buy one?  The AG I think is advertised as SO2R capable.  I'l send them an email, probably should have done that first anyway.
    Peter

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Peter

I am back home now so I can actually look in the manual. 

The AG does not support Icom's CI-V band data control at all, so I imagine that you will have to go to a full manual mode of antenna control on it using the Windows application.

If there is a way to convert CI-V to Yaesu BCD, then you can make the 2nd port function and track your band data.

Using the DIP switches, you would set up Port A for LAN control and port B for Interface Genius control.

That should work, if not, if you email the guys are 403A, they are pretty good at responding to your questions.

Mike 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Mike:
    OK, just running this down too.  I THINK the IG can grab port B via LAN, I'm just now reading about this.  I hope so anyway.  If that is the case, then IC 7851 via USB to IG to LAN to port B.  Maybe that's how it goes, still reading, and emailed 403A.
    Peter
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited April 2019
    I'm sure there is a way.  It is a pretty amazing antenna switch and to be honest, I think anyone with a 6600 or a 6700 should have one.  

Until I got one, I had no idea how much I needed it!  :)

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think at a minimum I need the IG, I may or may not need the SO2R extender.  I'd forgotten that I'll need to climb the tower if I have to change those DIP switches.  I'm hoping the IG can talk to it via LAN which will simplify life tremendously.
    Peter
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Michael Walker, Sales Guru and all trusted resource of neat ham things to buy; tell me more! I have a microham 2x8 port that I currently have paired to a stationmaster (but it just will not fully and completely integrate with my 6600 no matter what I do!) So, its not very usuable (I might be better off buying an IG and replacing the stationmaster with it). How does the flex/AG combination win your 'must buy' recommendation?
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don’t know yet 403A emailed me earlier today. As it stands I may only need one IG. Stand by
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited October 2018
    Hey Neal!

The 4O3A sits on the network like all Flex devices and with the Windows application that watches the band data from the radio on both slices.  It remembers what antenna you last used on what band.  

Once you configure the windows app, it is pretty automatic.  As an example, I have 3 40M antennas and I can then easily switch Slice A for any of them.  But, I can also use one of the others 40M antennas at the same time if I wish on Slice B.

For me, it is 100% required to finish up the antenna switching on the 6600 series. 

Does that help? 

Mike
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Why do you think you need the IG? Why not connect the Icom directly to your PC via the USB port? Works flawlessly. Single USB cable for CAT, CW/FSK, and audio. Then on your PC you run the AG control app.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The issue is that if you choose for one of the radios the Flex 6700, then BOTH ports must be the Flex radio.  You can't mix and match.  Your correct on the rest, USB to computer for all that you note.

I've been back and forth with 403A by email and they confirm that it, at present, cannot be done.  They tell me early 2019 so, for now, no good.  

Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.