Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 front panel power switch shutdown delay

Options
Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
Add two second delay to 6600 front panel power shutdown sequence?

I have accidentally shutdown my Flex 6600 by inadvertently touching the power switch in the upper left hand corner of the front panel.  This can be very embarrassing while I have to wait 1:50 for the radio to restart.   I often use the MOX button on the front panel when running nets instead of VOX or other PTT input devices.   The location of the 6600 power switch is in the same quadrant of the front panel as the "Transmit" function on other rigs and could be confused with the transmit function.  It can also easily be unintentionally bumped  which shuts down the radio instantly.   My suggestion would be to add a press and hold function to the power button for two seconds before the shutdown sequence starts.

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    good idea...even though it is big green button..sometimes muscle memory over takes rational response

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.