Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profiles

Tom S.
Tom S. Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I received my 6400 (no knobs) about a month ago and things are working great and I am making contacts.  After using the radio I now understand why people like knob radios.  Smart SDR does not provide a way to store all radio settings as one would expect.  When you leave a knob set or a menu setting set it stays there in analog radios. The mic and TX profiles make sense but the Global profile does not.  In my operations I operate SSB CW and FT8.  I would like to make a global profile for each of these modes covering all bands so when loaded I have a know configuration and don't have to remember to tweak the power for the linear or remember to set the tune step or turn on the NR or set the sideband to name a few.  Looking at the list of stored items for global profiles shows that only a select few items are stored.  Changing bands in WSJTx to 40 or 80m always requires me to set USB because the radio always reverts to LSB on these bands.  It would also be great if one of the user generated global profiles could be set as default and loaded at startup.  I see a number of other posts that talks about similar issues.  I'm just adding my two cents to the pile.  Lets hope these issues have some priority just because of the number of posts I see.  Otherwise electronically the radio is some great engineering!

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    When you save a mic and TX profile you should not have to touch a thing once they are re selected. When you shut down, everything should start up just the way you left it.
    Try this, make a TX profile with all the settings you want, and do the same for CW and FT8, Then call them up back and forth and they should come up just as you customed them to.
    If some settings are not saved,,what are they?
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For my on use, I have found that Profiles are the heart of operation for the Flex radios.  I can change modes, power levels, mic performance etc.  just by changing to an already established Profile.  The Global profile pulls it all together, but minor changes can done with either or both of the Transmit and Audio profiles. For FT8 I can change from just using the Flex radio to using the amp with the radio with one change to an already established transmit profile.  Once you learn how to use the profile system it really makes a big difference in the operation of the radio. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    They are not likely to change these things, The vast majority of users asked for things to work as they do now. So some things are saved with band selection. This way all the bands can have there own settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.