Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enable DAX for TX

Neil   N4FN
Neil N4FN Member
My  6400 just came back from Flex after the PEN upgrade. (I had done the heatsink issue before) It seems the mic profiles I had set up are gone (no biggie) but I have no TX. The problem is when I look at the DAX Control panel it says DAX TX Off. And it indicates that DAX is not selected for TX.. It further indicates that I must enable DAX in Smart SDR by clicking the DAX button. I have done that and it shows DAXIQ Channel with options "none" 1 or 2. There is nothing to enable TX. I must say it is quite frustrating.. 6400 hears fine, looks like it is going into TX per the waterfall but it is not TXing (new word)
Thanks
Neil   N4FN

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    Do you have TX enabled on the slice?

And you enable DAX by clicking the DAX button in the side panel controls where you select the mic input.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You need to select a DAX channel (not DAXIQ) for transmit as well.

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Tim
    TNX for the speedy reply...YES on TX it is "lit"
    If you mean the panel that says +RX, +TNF Band?  I  only see the mic in Profiles and it is set to the default of 781...I found the problem...you suggestion made me check all the settings and for some odd reason (perhaps during the upgrade testing) the antenna was set to RX 1 instead of RX 1. Thanks for the clue and great response
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2018
    George...Are you a fellow Magyar?
    Neil

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Tim,
    I am having a bad hair day. Not sure what I have done but the TX is fine now as reported earlier. Now I have no audio??
    Neil
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Neil,Did you reload your profiles into the Radio after getting it back from Flex?   That took care of all my previously saved settings and everything I had so meticulously had set up to work in all Modes was restored!
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Well, issue resolved...I talked with Chuck AE4CW who is a neighbor (about 5 miles) a Flex dude and Alpha tester. Readers Digest version we checked many settings  and even headphones with no audio, restarted the Flex a few times with the same issue. Finally we shut down the Flex, unplugged the Power Poles on the back, waited a bit and restarted the Flex and happy day, audio came back.  Thanks to the wizard AE4CW.
    Neil   N4FN
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Larry,
    Dummy me I forgot to back up my profiles, lesson learned
    Neil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.