Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro - "Max Power" setting is limiting power but display falsely shows PWR above "Max Power" set

Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I was testing the "Max Power" feature, adjustable under the Transmit menu.  I verified that can be violated in Transmit mode in version 2.3.7.41 and the newest version 2.2.9.  "Max power"  now only limits you TUNE level.  Well, the PWR knob will display up to 100watts but the actual "Max Power" still applies.  Max Power is still limited as set in the Transmit menu.

In older versions turning the PWR knob up; the display would stop on the "Max Power" number. 

And I like that better.

So I am calling it a bug and I hope the Flex Team will restore the way Max Power was displayed in earlier versions.

Comments

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, this is a bug. The power will still be limited so there is no danger of putting out too much power. 

This should be fixed in the next release. 
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, and Thanks
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Maybe it means 100 percent of max power limit instead of 100 watts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.