Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cluster Program

Bill English
Bill English Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Does anyone know of a Cluster program which will send the spots to the Flex? My current logger won't do it and I really don't want to run N1MM all the time in day to day operations. I need something for when I am not contesting. 

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    DXLab Suite - And it's FREE with great support.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    SliceMaster will  forward spots from ve7cc..
    AL, K0VM
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Another vote for DXLab.  Quite a few features so there's a bit of a learning curve.  Documentation is excellent and as Bob said, the support is outstanding.  Subscribe to dxlab@groups.io The author, Dave, AA6YQ, always responds to questions very timely.
    Rich - N5ZC
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Another vote for Slice Master and ve7cc. Simple to set up and works great, nice native spot integration using latest spot integration APIs.
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I tried Slice Master and something is wrong. I opened the port on the firewall when requested, but all I get is constant connect requests from the program, can't make it to anything, tried cw skimmer and ve7cc but it isn't responding, what is wrong with it?
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Try starting Slice Master up after SmartSDR is running. I had same issue with SM trying to reconnect without SmartSDR running.
  • Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited April 2019
    You just minimize N1MM. You don't have to log with it. Just let it connect to the cluster and broadcast spots. 

Keep using you favorite logger to take care of your QSO's.

73, Andreas, N6NU
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I am doing that but I would rather use something that takes less resources than running N1MM, plus I have to turn off the Winkey in N1MM cause it gives com errors and I use winkey in the logger, too much hassle
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited June 2018
    Smart SDR is running, I have turned off the firewall, you name it. Just constant connects to the rigs IP
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    i'm using HRDLog, connected to my local cluster, and in SliceMaster using hrd.wa9pie.net:8000 in the Telnet field.  Took me a while to get it all properly sorted out, but it's working fine now.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Good info.  I need to try some of these as well,  Hopefully, Log4OM will become compatible soon.
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I tried CW skimmer on port 7300, CC Cluster on 7300 and Slice Master set to 7300 and it still says no connection and keeps trying to connect.

That is with no firewall, I am missing something simple here. Just don't know what it is. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Slice Master, FR Stack, N1MM plus more as authors get on board.

• Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    I got it going, I looked around and found the newest version 0.10c,  the one I was using from a link on here was v0.90, now it's working like a champ! Using VE7CC
  • N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    All,

Here's my set-up...sounds complex but easy to accomplish. 

1. SM (using its aggregator) sends the decoded WSJT and Skimmer Spots to VE7CC ARUsers "Node connections".

2. The cluster spots and the locally generated spots are then delivered to my Logger32 Logbook ,where they are matched against my needed/ worked wanted and colorized accordingly.

3. L32 then sends a UDP to SM, which subsequently posts this on the panadapter.

It is the best of all worlds! Locally generated spots AND cluster spots are shown in Logger32 AND on the panadapter colored by my native Logbook colors.

Lou N2TU

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm running DXLab but don't get any spots on the Flex. How did you get them working?
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Make sure you have the latest version of commander...start Bandspread...once you start it you can close it if you wish...this will be fixed in the next version...that should get you going

73 Ronald
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I downloaded Slice Master version 0.10.4c and VE7CC.  I have VE7CC set up and receiving spots and I have the SSDR running.

When SliceMaster loads, it doesn't present the ABCD... menu that I see in the tutorial.  It also gives me a clock not within tolerance error 2213.  Prior to that it gives me a "listening for telnet messages on 7300" and "Listening for N1MM".  I do not have N1MM up... I am hoping to work without it except when I am running contests.   What am I doing wrong?

Steve, W6SDM
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Also, I have VE7CC configured for "Use port 7300".  SliceMaster has checked send spots to radio, enable overlays, spot source is telnet://ve7cc. Telenet is checked Enable aggregation server and the port is 7300, N1MM Logger is checked on 12046, HRD TCP is checked on TCP port 7810, TCP CAT TX Listener is not checked, nothing in mixer is checked, and under radio there are no choices.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bill. 

The latest version v0.10.5 of Slice Master fixes this issue.

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Steve,

It sounds like Slice Master is not discovering your radio.  This usually happens when firewall rules are preventing Slice Master from accessing the network.  When you first ran Slice Master, Window should have prompted you to allow Slice Master access to the network. Do you remember seeing that and how you responded?

--Don

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yup - Windows yelled at me when I started Slice Master. But after letting it into my private network, I made the settings to have Slice Master access the cluster on it's own, and the spots started popping up.   This is most pleasing!!
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited July 2018
    Yep I got it, I am up and running
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I tried downloading the latest version but the slice-master-6000-master.ZIP file doesn't have an executable, only a screenshots folder and readme.md.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Steve,

The Getting Started section of the README has the link to the released zip.  It says to download from
        https://github.com/k1dbo/slice-master-6000/releases
    to get the executable.  You just downloaded the README, there's no need for that as you can read it right from github.

--Don

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thank you!  As the old saying goes, if you want to hide something from a ham radio operator, hide it in the documentation.  They never look there.  :)

I got the program up and running.  It seems Windows Defender was the problem.  I am playing with it now to see if I can get the spots to show up on my panadapter.

• Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Following this thread, I set up Slicemaster to work with WSJT-X and HRD.  Started getting spots immediately upon re-launching WSJT-X.  Could not have been easier.
    de Roger W6VZV
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    And that did the trick.  Everything works.  Thanks for your help.

Steve, W6SDM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.