Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Idea: Allow receiver passband to move through the carrier frequency in SSB mode

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Idea: Allow the receiver to shift the passband through the carrier frequency in SSB mode

When the 6600M's bandpass filter controls are placed into the WIDTH/SHIFT mode, it would be handy to be able to shift the passband all the way through the carrier frequency.
There are several reasons why the operator might want to shift the SSB passband past the carrier frequency.  If there is a temporary QRM heterodyne, quickly and easily moving the passband far enough to get the QRM out of the passband without having to change the filter bandwidth or setup a notch filter.   When checking the calibration of the internal TCXO, very good low frequency response to DC is required and including some of the opposite sideband in the passband is helpful. 

Comments

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes I agree whether I'm in Digi or Side Band it would be helpful. You can do this in CW mode.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Help me understand the difference. I see no advantage to allowing the bottom of the filter to go below zero beat and receive interference from below (on USB) instead of simply narrowing the high end briefly until the QRM ends and the returning the high end of the filter to normal. Perhaps it is related to the way the filter controls work in the M models that I am missing?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.