Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LDG 200 AT Pro II

Barry Young
Barry Young Member ✭✭
Good Morning. I had my LDG 200 Pro II Tuner connected to a Yaesu 991A. It is now connected to a Flex Radio 6400. What is the best procedure to follow to do the initial tuning? Does the unit need to be reset? Thanks

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No need to do any reset on the tuner. In fact there is no reset capability.
    as for tune process.
    1.set SSDR Tune level to about 20watts2. click TUNE in SSDR3. If AT200 Tuner is in AUTO TUNE mode then it will immediately start  tune search if SWR is above threshold point
    4. if tuner is NOT in AUTO TUNE mode then push TUNE Button on AT200 and it will start tune process
    5. when tuner is done, click TUNE off in SSDR
    i do this all the time with flex 6600m and a LDG AT1000proII
    Paul K3SF

• Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thank you so much for the information! Take care!
  • K7LER
    K7LER Member
    edited June 2018
    Newbie question. If the 6600 has a internal tuner, why is the external needed? I have one coming Tuesday and have a cirro loop which has it's own ATU but is needed due to the loop control. However am thinking of getting an alpha 34' end fed wire which has a similar device like Chaneleon and was wondering if the internal tuner is up to ****
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have a 6400. I had a Yaesu FT 991A w/ internal tuner and in my opinion the LDG 200 Pro II is a better tuner....
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I use an external tuner, the LDG AT-1000pro. The procedure is easy with FRStack: Set tune power to 10 watts and program a key in FRStack. The AT-1000pro is in Auto mode. I use ALT-T to tune. Vy 73, Alex DH2ID
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have the 6600m which has the internal tuner BUT I also use an Elecraft KPA500 amplifier. That is why I use an external tuner like the LDG AT1000ProII
    One tuner to rule them all  ;-)
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have an ldg600 pro model but quit using it because it wont let me set a target swr below 1.7 am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of all ldg tuners went back to mfj because of this apparent limitation.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    @K7LER - The internal tuner tunes to 3:1 SWR. The LDG tunes a much wider SWR range. Also if people are using an amp they would want to use an external tuner after the amp, not before.

Dave wo2x

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    SGC auto-tuners have the same "problem" - even worse, they think less than 2:1 is OK, even when they are capable of a much better tuning solution. Sometimes you just need to be lucky to have the auto-tuner find a "good" solution. Ted VE3TRQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.