Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PEN for 6400/6600

K4ELO
K4ELO Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Another example of excellent Flex service and support.  Unlike one company who wouldn't even admit they had an oled problem.  Sold their radio.

Comments

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yep!  Nice work FRS!
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you are referring to yaesu and the ft5000 they certainly acknowledged the issue in the UK and still offer free replacement even for radios out of warranty period. Icom on the other hand denied the screen issues with the ic7400. Advice is always to wait a year before buying any new model but I broke that rule when I bought an Anan 7000 after only six months. Maybe the long wait for EU approval for the 6600 was good luck as hopefully the shipped ones will now be changed rather than their owners having to return them like the 6700 owners had to. I haven't seen any announcement from frs but fair play to them if there is a problem and they are going to fix it. K3s and ft5000 radios still dominate the contest scene in the uk, followed by icom and Kenwood top end radios. Reliability is king for contesters and the intermittent disconnect issues with my 6300 killed it for me. Reliability of both hardware and associated client software is essential, and when flex **** both the radios will become mainstream contesters choice. Steve gw0gei / gw9j
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    knot since April 12 , wait Sherwood post it result before make it a PEN  

look to me reactive  instead of proactive

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sherwood list now shows the 6600m.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For those wondering what a PEN is: Product Enhancement Notice,  I had to dig deep into the archives to find this.
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The subject line of the email I received today was prominently marked "Product Enhancement Notification".  Many thanks to Flex!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Didn't get the email
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't own a 6400/6600, so that may be why I didn't get the message.  
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Only those who own a 6400/6600 and their radio shipped prior to April 12, 2018 received the Product Enhancement Notice (PEN) by email today.  All radios shipped starting on that date including those serviced have the PEN installed.  
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, Gerald, for the improvement. Turns out a good decision in the 6400/6600s to go more modular!
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How about those of use who ordered through a dealer, and received it before April 12?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited May 2018
    Enter a Help Desk ticket and we can work out the details with your dealer. We can mail you the customer installable upgrade directly at any time. You will need to put that request in your help desk ticket.
  • KD8K
    KD8K Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have a 6600 (not M) that shipped late January and did not receive the email. Whom should I contact regarding the update?

Thanks,

John KD8K
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited May 2018
    First, check your spam folder. If not there, email PEN@flexradio.com. Please do not call because that will not expedite the process. You have to fill out an online form that is linked in the notice to enter your information.
  • Bill Billingsley
    edited May 2018
    Should I use the same upgrade process described in the PEN for a 6600 currently at the factory for warranty repair or can I request it via my current RMA 23520 dialog?

Bill, N5IR
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    John -You can get the information from our website
    http://www.flexradio.com/support/pen/
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Bill, if your radio is being repaired, as per the notice all radio is service after April 12 will receive both PEN upgrades. 

Refer to the first paragraph on the PEN web page
    http://www.flexradio.com/support/pen/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.