Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Lost RX/TX, & Pan/Waterfall Displays All bands & S-meter Frozen at 7

Options
 -Radio and SSDR on but idle for 3 hours
-In the middle of a 30m cw QSO, while I was transmitting, the noise floor went from -120 to -80 but I could still hear the other station.  (not QSK)
-Pan/waterfall and S-meter display froze.  S-meter at 7. I could still TX and signed off with the other station
-I closed SSDR and powered down the 6600 and removed power for a minute. Also did a PC restart.
-Upon restart of 6600 and SSDR, the pan display/waterfall were blank and the S-meter still frozen at 7.  No receiver audio on any band.  Can not transmit on any HF band now.. CW sidetone works.
-I can select another slice and another pan display.  VFO changes all VFO displays when selected and reports freq changes to DXLabs commander.  S-meter frozen at 7 on all displays but no transmit even when selected
-6600 connected to the PC via direct ethernet connection.  No remote operations.
-Did not do a factory reset due to a warning to contact the help desk first.
-Followed Tim's instructions for taking the W10 1803 upgrade.  No problems noted.  I have made over 200 QSOs since I did that early last week.
-v 2.1.33.106 under W10 1803.
-power supply voltage is 13.76v at the radio
- Help Desk ticket submitted Sunday evening
-Radio was sent back after one month for a blown C65 on the power rail, no other damage then

Anyone heard of this? Advice?

Bill, N5IR

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I do not see a ticket for you under your call or Community email address so I converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.