Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 Update 1803 No Problem

Juan TG9AJR
Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My PC with Windows 10 Home edition did the Windows 10 Update 1803 installation, SmartSDR 2.1.33 and FlexRadio 6600 running without a problem, all OK. Including FT8 with WSJT-X and JTDX.

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I had the same experience - update to 1803 without issues. I used the "metered WiFi" trick to hold off updates, and when ready, stopped Dax and Cat and forced the update. After waiting about an hour for Windows to do its thing, I started up Dax/Cat and SSDR and everything worked, including Fldigi and wsjt-x. No reconfiguration required,
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is it true that the Home edition is different than Pro insofar as security? 

Anyway, Using the Tips and Tricks still no joy on 1803 Pro.  The drivers will not install, or at least not properly. It is only DAX having a problem, all else is fine with .33, SmartCAT, N1MM, and FLdigi, except of course no audio.

I'll roll back to 1709 and reinstall SSDR .33 or keep 1803 and forget about any digi modes until a fix is found.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I forgot to mentioned I did not did anything, just plain download and installed and nothing else and it is working OK. Did not back up anything or re-install anything.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have home addition and I was not so lucky but he's okay now
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    New note: the previous patch applied to Win10 addressing Spectre/Meltdown was useless, and could be easily bypassed. Supposedly the April build is protected, but who knows? As well, the new fix is only for the latest build - has not been backported yet. Be careful out there folks. AdBlock od some sort and Ghostery or NoScript are recommended. 
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I took Tim's advice and de-installed SSDR, then ran the Windows Update Assistant to 'force' the upgrade to 1803.  Everything went smoothly, then after the update, I simply re-installed SSDR.  All is working well.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Same here  3 different machines (vintages, laptops, desktop, including dual boot Ubuntu Linux) uninstalled SmartSDR including VSP. Also uninstalled VBcable used on 2 machines. Forced install with Update Assistant. Reinstalled SmartSDR and VBcable all is good!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.