Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot make dogparkSDR work with Flex-6600M

danparsons
danparsons Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've got a brand new Flex-6600M here, running the latest available firmware. I'm running dogparkSDR v1.12 on a late 2016 15" MacBook Pro, running macOS 10.13.4. 

I really want to make dogparkSDR work, but I can't. No amount of fiddling with settings or preferences helps. SmartSDR for Windows works properly.

When I start dogparkSDR, it appears to connect properly to my radio: it identifies the radio on my network, reads its serial number, and it even shows the frequency the radio is set to. However, none of the buttons do anything (for example, I can't change frequency) and the panadapter screen says "Starting up" and nothing else, the whole time. (I also tried the v1.13 beta 5 too, with identical results).

Here's a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/umzg3e4t2291f46/Screenshot%202018-05-03%2018.43.17.png?dl=0

What's going on here? Does dogparkSDR not yet support the Flex-6600M?

Can anyone on this forum claim that they are successfully using dogparkSDR with a 6600M?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I am running flawlessly with a 6600 (not M). Have you allowed Dpsdr through the MacOS firewall?
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

i see you are running a demo copy.

dpsdr does support 6600M.

I worked with Don to help get 4 slice/4 panafalls working correctly and it even works with smartlink too. I have a registered copy of dpsdr.

Not sure if there is an issue in demo mode
    BUT
    One thing you might try is adding another panafall.

Here is pic of my macbook pro running 4 slices from a 6600M

• Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dan, go to File/Add Panadapter and see if that works. I had the same issue when I first tried dogparkSDR. It doesn't seem to default to a panadapter. Hope this helps!

Scott N1SER
  • danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, running demo copy, not going to pay for this thing if it doesn't do what it says. When you worked with Don, what did he tell you to do? I've contacted him also, waiting for a reply, hasn't been very long yet.
  • danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have tested both with firewall on and off, behavior is identical.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not sure how the M versions work, but is there a way to shut down on board display/PC control? I think the on board computer is got the radio tied up. Only one Computer at a time can run radio as the radio is the server. Dog park may only go so far to connect. Just my uneducated 2 cents.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited May 2018
    Hi Dan,

I think you probably just need to add a Panadapter.

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR_Help/dogparkSDR_Help.html

Getting Started

The first time your run dogparkSDR you will need to connect to the radio by selecting it in the HUD popup or double-click on it in the Registration prefs list. You may also need to add Panadapters and Slices from the dogparkSDR File menu and select or create a new global profile.

When you restart dogparkSDR it should remember your choice and Auto Connect if you have that option set in the Radio prefs.

• danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Oh my god that fixed it! Wow!!! How on earth do they justify shipping software with a bug like this in it? I mean, aside from the panadapter not coming up correctly at launch, none of the buttons work either until I followed your suggestion.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited May 2018

Getting Started

The first time your run dogparkSDR you will need to connect to the radio by selecting it in the HUD popup or double-click on it in the Registration prefs list. You may also need to add Panadapters and Slices from the dogparkSDR File menu and select or create a new global profile.

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited May 2018

Getting Started

• danparsons
    danparsons Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Don and everyone for the help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.