Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

problem with SMARTLINK

ole puschl
ole puschl Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a problem with SMARTLINK.
When I connect to my flex 6500 using SmartLink via WAN the screendisplay is working perfect but I hear no sound.
When I activate the "PC audio" button in the upper right corner of the screen, I hear the audio, but then the screen freezes.
When I deactivate the "PC audio" button, the screen comes to live again, (and the audio disappears).
It seems that I have to chose between either the audio and a frozen screendisplay or no audio and a live screendisplay

Ole  / OZ1OP
Denmark

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Is this a problem that suddenly happened or is this the first time you have used Smartlink? Do you have a second computer to test if this is a common problem?

Jim, K6QE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    sounds like internet Speed on one end or the other,
    are you running Wired or wireless?
     if running wireless try using 5GHz or 2.4GHz and see if one is better then the other, if the area is saturated with one or the other band it can cause issues and collisions. 

You can also slow down the Water fall speed on SmartSDR and see if that helps, it should help quite a bit.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    This looks to be a network bandwidth issue as Bret suggested.  When you enable the PC AUdio, additional data is being sent from the radio to the SmartLink client and I suspect that is too much for the Internet connection to handle, either at the radio end or the client end of the connection.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.