Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi

[Deleted User]
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
It seems that maybe the fldigi xml file on the archives site may be corrupt. Does anyone have a copy they can send me.

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    The powerSDR file ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    Got it working. For some reason when I saved it from SourceForge it locked up fldigi on Smart SDR. When I got it from the authors archives it worked great.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All the files seem to be in the same place (SourceForge) so I'm puzzled.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    This is where I got the working file  http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html
    The one that didn't work for me for some reason was from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/ 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Steven - Those are old, out of date RigCAT files if used with SmartSDR v1.6 and greater.  The ones from Source Forge should work fine.  I just downloaded a few and checked them against the source (I am the author of the files) and they compared fine.  What version of Fldigi are you using?
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    These files are both XML so one can use a editor to compare the (emacs or WinMerge). In doing so, the source forge version is labeled:
        XML Version: 2.0.0

and requires: 
           Fldigi Version: 3.23.03 and greater
           SmartSDR CAT version 1.6.17 or greater

The updates from older version look proper. There are several commands that had their length field incorrectly set and a radio init command has been added. The interested student will download both versions and compare for themselves.

The new version works fine here, perhaps it's something to do with the way it was downloaded??

k3Tim

PS: Tim types faster than I do...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    I am using FL digi 3.23.08. I savied the xml files per the instructions where you right click then save link. Went to settings in fldigi and selected file then initialized it and got the issue where fldigi would not respond. Had to close program in task manager.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Sri for my mistake Steven.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I just downloaded and tested the RigCAT files (slice A-H) with Fldigi v3.23.08.09 and it is working just fine
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Tim,

I need your help. Sorry for my lack of understanding but how do you download these .xml files on SourceForge ? When w1hkj had the sliceA and sliceB .xml files on his site , they would save to my download file as a .xml file. Now, however, when I doubleclick to download slice A on SourceForge it will download but opens the file on the webpage. I tried to copy all and paste but ignorant on how to paste that into a file that is .xml so I can recall it into fldigi later.

Thanks Tim,
    Mike
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    I went through the same issue. You need to right click the file then selece "save link as"  Then it will work.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Well I just tried that but still no luck. When I do that it downloads as an htm file and not a xml. Unfortunately, I do not know how to convert the htm to xml.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Go to this URL
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/

SINGLE click on the link for the particular XML file you want.

Depending on your browser, you want to SAVE, not open the file.  I used Firefox to download the file as an XML file without any issues.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    When I got it from sourceforge it did not work for me either. I had to get it from http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html  then it worked fine
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Same here using internet explorer 11.

Can't change the properties to XML from sourcforge using IE-11.

Right click, save as on w1hkj.com just fine.

Firefox is ok.

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Not sure how the double post happened..sorry..argh,..wow

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Tim. Sorry for late reply. Well even with single right click and "save to" the  SourceForge A-H files will download as html. I thought perhaps you were converting that file somehow to .xml. I too found the archive file  via wiki and that will download as .xml with win10 and Microsoft edge however that does not give me access to sliceA-sliceH on SourceForge. I have an old vista laptop, perhaps I can download those files on SourceForge with that laptop as .xml and xfer to win10 with flash drive as .xml. Thanks again for the reply.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    weird
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Try a different browser.  The issues seem to be Edge related.  I use Firefox.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If one want to use Edge, right click -> 'Open in New Tab'  
    then in the new tab select all ( CTRL-A) and copy (CTRL-C). Open up a notepad and paste (CTRL-V). Save as XML.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the steps to save an XML file as the actual file rather than having Microsoft do what it thinks is best.  That process seems rather workflow intensive (convoluted) to me.  Just another reason to consider not using Edge.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Tim x 2
  • Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Maybe we should put this in a new updated post with the latest configuration help.
    Jay n2gq
  • Tommy Teague
    Tommy Teague Member
    edited November 2018
    Here is the new xml download page:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/

after download open it under Rig description file:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.