Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unusual problem with FT8

Randy
Randy Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Having problems using WSJTX's FT8.  Works fine on 20 meters, but will not work on 40 meters or 80 meters.  Have not tried on any other band.  Had initial problems which were solved by reinstalling DAX drivers.  I could then work 20, 40, and 80 meters.  Now I can only work 20 meters. FT8 shows no band activity.  Reloaded WSJTX and reloaded Smart SDR v2.0.19.98 and still 20 meters is all that will work.  Any ideas?

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Check yo make sure you're using USB or DIGU on all bands.
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Be sure  your DAX is selected so it is not "none"
  • Randy
    Randy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Working now.  I thought you would use DIGL on 40 and 80.

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I had the same problem today and reloaded the DAX drivers, now is working fine again. Must have been a W10 update? I followed the instructions here: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers Sometimes a SSDR reload doesn’t reload the drivers, depending on how you proceed. Hope that helps, 73 Justin KL2D
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yep windows 10 blew up my drivers today. Going to do the reinstall dance tonight.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I made a Dax fix batch file based on on others work here. I should post it.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ok posted these as a new item in the forum.  Hope they work for everyone!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.