Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recall frequently used frequencies

Ken
Ken Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

Wouldn't it be nice to just click on a soft button to recall the previous frequencies that you were listening to...?

When I don't feel like talking, I entertain myself by skipping all around the band listening to the various stations that pop up on the panadapter. Every so often I want to get back to the station that I was listening to 3 to 5 skips before.

It would be nice to have a "radio push button feature" pop up on the screen, and if I held the cursor over one of the bottoms and clicked for a prolong period of time, it would temporarily store the frequency. It isn't important enough to establish a profile. Then after moving to the next station. I could just return to the temporarily stored station by quickly clicking on the same "radio push button". It would be very similar to what you find in a AM/FM car radio. I realize this is more of a SWL sort of enhancement, but every so often many of us are SWL'ers.   :-)

Comments

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You have basically described how FRStack works. FRStack records the frequency you listen on for more than 15 seconds, can memorize a frequency and radio settings, scan memory banks, and much more. You can download it from http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Can't run FRStack on a Maestro.  I would like to have a memory selector. Assigning one of the function buttons to become MEMORY and assigning one of the knobs to be the method to select from stored memories. Right now, you have to hit MENU, then Memory, then scroll to the stored frequency you want, then select it, then hit LOAD, then Exit. Just a gigantic pain in the neck.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ken's message was posted to 6500 and Maestro lists. Ken does not specify he was exclusively listening on a Maestro. As the author of FRStack I have inquired (as others have) about the extensibility of the SmartSDR / Maestro platforms which FRS has left open as a possibility in the future.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I'm not knocking FRstack, I've been using it for a long time. Great 3rd party software, one of many features I like is the transparent meter window that which I've have in the top right panadapter below WNB. Ken did mention temporarily store 3 to 5 of the last frequencies. FRstack fits that perfectly.
    Mark I had to stick my own agenda in there when I saw the opening. Yes I've turned into one of those, ha, ha.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I like the button memory idea Mike. Similar to Writelog's clickable memory box. For Maestro that is a potentially productive feature.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have not tried FRS Stack but sounds like I missed the boat. I am curious if FRS Stack will work the same when we finally arrive at multi-client i.e. along "with"Maestro?
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The short answer is Yes. FRStack uses the FlexAPI to communicate directly with the selected radio at the same time SmartSDR or Maestro is connected with the radio. Changes to the radio by any of the clients are reflected in the other connected (remote or local) clients. Today FRS limits radio connects to 1 GUI client plus 1 or more non-GUI clients via FlexAPI, CAT or DAX. I use non-GUI to differentiate from the primary UI application, not to say your other clients can’t display a UI. FRStack does not currently support Remote operation (this is coming later this year) so I use TeamViewer to run FRStack, FLDIGI, etc on LAN via laptop when Maestro is Remote.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    FRStack is a real nice 3rd party addition to SSDR. I use it all the time. Try it you might like it. Thanks Mark for brilliant software.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.