Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro at W4DXCC

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Maestro
While at W4DXCC I meet Lou Flex Radio guy there and was talking my 6600 order and LOU broke in said plug in your Maestro and boot up the Maestro and leave it plug in. This will keep you Maestro operational till your 6600 gets there. All is good now I boot up once a week and leave it plugged in. Hub batteries I have to deal with them in my job they drive me crazy. Battery manufactures say it will last for 1 year, most 3.6v batteries only last 3-5 months.  Flex thanks for keeping US informed.

Comments

• Lou
    Lou Member
    edited September 2017
    All,

Just to be clear...it is not necessary to leave the Maestro pulled in.  My Maestro gets a periodic (every 2 weeks or so) drink from the AC power supply.  This should be sufficient to keep your Maestro refreshed!

Great to see everyone at W4DXCC! It was quite a crowd.

Lou N2TU
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited September 2017
    can i ask a silly question? I run one of my maestro units 24/7 plugged into power next to my bed. my other maestro is used more sporadically for out on the decking looking at the views and this one gets power plugged in once a week and I have heaps of spare rear batteries that I change out regularly. so my question is, can I be hurting the bedroom maestro by leaving power on and the unit turned on quite a bit, it's just so handy to utilise, certainly replaced my ic7300. neither of my maestro units have never missed a beat, and the ipad, just love it.... now anyone who wants to know is there any sexual fetish going on, sorry nothing but a broken foot which kept me in bed for 3 months, and a wife who hadn't worked out the maestro is still there. shhhhh don't tell her and I'm safe. Cheers brenton vk3cm Tangambalanga Victoria Australia
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    "...so my question is, can I be hurting the bedroom maestro by leaving power on and the unit turned on quite a bit..."

No, not at all.
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Tim, I love your fast answers and man, its great having my flex back, its like my new toy again and it wasnt gone that long due to your incredible turnaround times with the 6700 repair...Keep up the great work Tim... PS...Are you able to help if the wife notices its still there in the bedroom even though the foot is healing?  I suspect I know the answer haha
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    Dealing with XYLs other than my own is waaaaaay above my pay grade. ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.