Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6400(M) & FLEX-6600(M) Update Email

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
First of all, thanks for the update Gerald. Greatly appreciated.

Looks like September is going to be a busy month for Flex !

Comments

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Agreed. Thanks for the update, Gerald.I was just hoping my 6400 delivery before Christmas. Looks like that is promising.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

If there was a mass email, I may have been missed or the email caught in a filter.  None found though.

??

Steve  K9ZW

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

FlexRadio Systems

Dear valued customer,

The excitement is building here at FlexRadio as production preparation for the new FLEX-6400/6400M and FLEX-6600/6600M models are well under way! I want to take a moment to provide you an update on our progress.

Since the announcement of these radios we have made a few changes in hardware and software that we are pleased to share with you. Based on customer feedback we added a dedicated 1⁄4 inch TRS balanced microphone input to the back panel of the FLEX-6600/6600M. We also incorporated a blue backlight for the FlexRadio front panel logo on the 6400/6600 base models. In July we released SmartSDRTM version 2.0 of which includes the exciting new SmartLinkTM Remote feature allowing you to access your radio from anywhere you have a broadband connection (included with all new radios). We believe all of these things will add to the overall experience of the radio.

The last components for the FLEX-6400M and FLEX-6600M models are currently scheduled to arrive in the factory during the second half of September.  Also, the final plastic front panel components for the FLEX-6400 and FLEX-6600 models are expected in late October. This currently places production start up approximately one month behind where we originally estimated.  SmartSDR integration is nearing completion and the new models will enter beta testing soon.

Across all electronic industry segments, lead times on components are stretching; in some cases to between 24 and 52 weeks. This is due to increasing economic growth in the US along with the beginnings of a worldwide economic recovery.  This fact is providing a more challenging supply chain situation that we, along with everyone else in the electronics industry, will have to manage very carefully.  Unfortunately, when demand exceeds supply, speculators step in to buy up inventory and resell it at a high profit exacerbating the problem until the supply/demand balance returns.  Fortunately, we placed component orders early this year so we believe we have solidified sufficient supply through the end of 2017, assuming the vendors meet their promise dates. We are working with our suppliers to forecast and bond production requirements beyond 6 months to hopefully mitigate this situation.  Our suppliers expect this condition to continue for at least a year.

Regarding delivery estimates, we are going to use a different method for communication. We always try to provide our best estimate for delivery but in reality, it is more about the probability of delivery than a given date. Here is our best estimate for first customer ship date based on the supply chain information we have at this moment:

FLEX-6400M/6600M: September: 25%

FLEX-6400/6600: October 25%

FLEX-6400M/6600M: October: 90%

FLEX-6400/6400M/6600/6600M: November: 99%

From initial customer shipment, we will ramp production to have a daily flow of product over a period of weeks. Given the sheer size of the backlog we expect that it will take us through the end of the year to fulfill all open orders. As we approach your place in the backlog queue, we will reach out to you with an opportunity to adjust your order and finalize payment.

Thank you so much for supporting FlexRadio with your pre-order. We are as eager as you are to get your new state of the art radio into your hands!

Gerald K5SDR

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I believe it only went out to those that have orders  in place.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    This is correct.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    !!!!  I never received any, emails on the subject!!! maybe my order is in limbo?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Standby Reggie...
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Tim, could someone check my reservation status as well, as I was also missed. Thanks and 73, Steve K9ZW
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    If you did not receive the Constant Contact (CC) notice, you have a FLEX-6400 or FLEX-6600 radio reserved and you have not opted out of previous CC notices from FLexRadio, check your spam/junk folder first.  If it is not there, then contact Sales (sales@flexradio.com) to ensure your correct e-mail is associated with your order and you are on the CC mailing list.
  • James Whiteway
    edited August 2017
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I am definitely not doubting it.

It has to be frustrating for manufacturers (including Flex) trying to anticipate what parts you are going to need when you don't have a final design 100% locked in. I would have to think manufacturers end up with parts they cant use because of this.

I am sure it compromises the design too. They have to make a choice of trying to satisfy hundreds of crying customers or wait 6 weeks on a part that might work slightly better.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The email above (I didn't receive it, either) does not mention the addition of a hand mic.  That will still be included?
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

“Based on continued constructive user feedback, we are officially announcing that all of the FLEX-6600 and the FLEX-6400 Signature Series SDRs, including the "M" models, will ship with a FlexRadio FHM-2 condenser hand mic. The mic will connect to the back of the radio, using the 1/8' mic connector for audio and the RCA PTT connector for keying the radio.  The mic cable will be long enough to allow for convenient operation with the radio on a desktop.  We will be updating the New Product FAQ shortly to reflect this change. Thank you for your continued positive feedback.”

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/fmh-2-microphone-now-included-with-the-flex-6000-m-...

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes, all of the previously-announced upgrades other than the inclusion of a hand mic were included in the recent email.  I was inquiring as to whether this was an inadvertent or deliberate omission.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

@FRS - any idea how some of us got left off the communication(s) distribution? 

Reconfirmed my order with sales, so that wasn't in limbo.

Probably the most important part is that I get called when it time to pay up in full!

Steve K9ZW

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Tim,

I did not receive the email either!  I'm concerned Flex has overlooked me as well!  I took advantage of the Trade-Up Program and shipped my Flex 6500 back to Flex on June 8th and an order was placed for a Flex 6600.  Flex should have issued a credit for my 6500 and that credit was supposed to cover my 6600 order.  I need to ensure everything is in order.  

Cal /N3CAL  

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Cal, for peace of mind I would give Matt in sales a call tomorrow and confirm all is in order.
    I received confirmation that my 6300 trade had been credited a couple of days ago but the process took a few weeks in total because of the service backlog.  The most difficult thing I find in the process is distinguishing the emails directed to me from Flex concerning the trade and some of emails regurgitated from the community forum with the same headers.  I will survive but I'd bet working for FRS right now would be enough to drive one to drink, ha!  These guys have got to have a little pressure on them right now so I'd bet they won't mind if you confirm where they are at with your transactions in a phone call.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Yes, a hand mic will be included with the FLEX-6400(M) and FLEX-6600(M) radios (all 4 of them)
  • Cedric HB9HFN
    Cedric HB9HFN Member
    edited September 2017
    Any updates?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    Working **** getting it ready for release later this fall.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    My Telepost LP-500 arrives tomorrow.  My buddies on 160 have been betting which will arrive first. The LP-500 or the 6600m.  Looks like the Telepost wins :)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I've got an LP 500 . . . Awesome unit.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hoping Flex is not delayed as much as Telepost was.  My original estimate of "as much as six months" turned out to be 2 weeks short of one year !

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Well looks like the new official release date is July August September October

7:30 mark in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDsC8P01qiY&list=TLGGZeFb387F2mEwMTEwMjAxNw

• James Whiteway
    edited October 2017
    I was told "unoffically" today, "in the next six weeks or so". Looks like middle to end of November to me. Oh well....... James
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Your probably optimistic about end of November, I have estimated first of the year for several months.  Take Flex's first estimate of delivery and add 6-8 months to it.. 
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited July 2018
    Getting Excited and ready for my 6400 to arrive this month.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    ME TOOOOO!!
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Well, just got an official update from FRS,,, looks like late October or early November for the M models. Good thing my Social Security shows up about then! James
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    For those that did not get the email.

FlexRadio Systems

Dear Valued Customer,

October is going to be a landmark month for FlexRadio. We are gearing up manufacturing now to get the next generation, industry leading, FLEX-6600M and FLEX-6400M units out the door as well as the PowerGenius XL amplifiers. We expect the first units to come off the line around the end of the month. To top it all off, we are back in stock on Maestro

Full volume manufacturing ramp up of the new models will occur in the November timeframe with the first of the FLEX-6400 and FLEX-6600 models beginning shipments later in the month. We expect to begin deliveries to the European Union in December after the completion of CE certification.

Due to the overwhelming success of the new radios our backlog has grown well into the second production run. Therefore an order placed today will ship sometime in the January/February timeframe.

Thank you so much for your continued support and for sharing with us in this exciting time! You are the reason for our success. 

Gerald

K5SDR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.