Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX I/Q questions

Mario_DL3LSM
Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
edited August 2017 in SmartSDR API
Hi there,

I just started to look at DAX I/Q in FlexLib with the intention to include it in xDAX if possible.

From this I have some simple questions:

- the data format is float normalized to +- 1.0 right?
- does DAX I/Q follows the convention left channel is I and right is Q?? Or for the interleaved data is it IQIQIQ or QIQIQI??
- what is the use the "capacity" and "available" properties?

Thanks and 73
Mario, DL3LSM

Answers

• Ed.G
    Ed.G FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes the data is float normalized to +/- 1.0. 
    Left channel is I and right channel is Q I believe so it should be interleaved in the payload as IQIQIQ

There is a limit to how many IQ streams can stream. I believe capacity and available are supposed to reflect total capacity in "capacity" and available capacity in "available". Today we don't use these but they may be enforced later. 
  • Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Ed,

thanks.. I had it figured out over the weekend.. One correction though.. The IQ data inside the VITA packet is not float normalized to +/- 1.0 but to +/- 2^15 according to FlexLib and it seems to work if I use it like this..

Thanks and 73
    Mario, DL3LSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.