Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What ate my DAX Audio RX1?

WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am not sure if I should post this to HRD or here, but I will start here.  For some reason in HRD, in DM780, under the program options sound card, input receive listing, I no longer see DAX Audio RX 1.  I see all the other DAX receive channels 2 thru 8, but not  number 1 .  Number 1 is there when I go to the Windows play back devices, and it says it is working properly.   I am running the latest everything and under Windows 10.   Not a big deal. I just moved all the connections up one but feel like it's a symptom that I am doing something wrong or missing something.  Thanks in advance.  
Bob
WK2Y

Answers

• wb7ond
    wb7ond Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I had that same problem only it was the DAX TX.  It was in the Windows system list, but not in the WSJT-X program (Ithink)..  My solution was to go into windows list and deactivate all those high numbered RX and TX.  This seemed to make the list shorter for the pulldown in the Soundcard setup....  

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have had a similar problem where WSJT-X won't work with DAX2. If I change the panadaptor and WSJT-X to use DAX3 instead, all is good so I tend to live with it. I would be interested to know if this is a common issue?
  • Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I've got one PC which has no native sound devices (a Kangaroo PC). On more than one occasion, it has latched onto the DAX RX1 and / or the DAX TX and marked them for exclusive use by Windows, which appears to remove them from selection in 3rd party programs like HRD, FLDIGI, WSJT, etc.  I have to go in via the Windows audio control panel and remove them as the default sound device to fix the problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    This sounds just like a problem that manifested itself with MMTTY.  The third-party application does not allow for all of the enumerated sound devices to be selectable.  In the case of MMTTY, this was a shortcoming of the application and a program change was made to accommodate all of the sound devices.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.