Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting up for SmartLink

Options
k3Tim
k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I've been reading all the posts and manuals about Smartlink and have two Qs.

1) Enabling  uPNP on the router will allow Maestro, by way of example, to setup the required port forwarding. Once these are setup can one turn off the uPNP feature and the ports will stay open? I assume one can look at the routers 'home pages' and see which ports have been opened.

2). When signing up for the SmartLink account, one has the option of using a Google / FaceBook account. For the initial sign-in in will F/G work?

If  1 == T then use that method
                else manual port forwarding

BTW in studying the router here, I discovered it can block domains. Added the 'ad domains' and internet traffic is way down. It seems sites don't know they're ad-blocked.

Thanks for any expert advise.

k3Tim / 6

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The router will need uPNP or. Anual port forwarding done to forward to the radio, not Maestro. You will need to leave uPNP enabled for the radio to register with the SmartLink server and accept connections from your client over WAN (SSDR, Maestro or SmartSDR for IOS). Using the Maestro away from the radio (WAN) does not require uPNP or manual port forwarding for the Maestro network. You can use either your Facebook login, Google login, or use an email address when you create the SmartLink account. If you are logged into SmartLink and close SmartSDR it will log you on the SmartLink server next time you open SmartSDR. You do not need to log out of SmartLink. I did a video of the Radio upgrade and SmartLink registration that should be poated later today so you can see how easy it is. Dave wo2x
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dave : Thanks for the detailed reply. I think that covers it and should be all set here. Will have a look at the video when posted.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Tim

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
     Note that if you do decide to use a social login, you can enable two factor authentication. This provides additional security.

Ria

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.