Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro - on Battery - Keys Flicker/Speaker Pops - No Low Battery Warning

Jerry NY2KW
Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Maestro
Just bought lightly used Maestro, ran all updates for my 6700 and Maestro.  Current versions are v1.9.13.23 and v1.10.16.25.  On battery after 2 hours the keys flicker off then on and the speaker makes pop sound.  I get no Low Battery Warning.   Does this behavior appear to be normal?

Jerry NY2KW

Answers

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mine does the same exact pattern when the battery is low. The battery indicator actually shows full charge. I have had mine for close to year and remember it use to show a low indicator previously, perhaps something got missed in an upgrade. Just noticed it last weekend as I normally am not on the battery. I had fully charged the battery the night before. The amount of run time on the battery was normal before running low. Watts K4QJZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    It is normal.  The battery indicator is NOT an indicator of charge level (refer to the manual).  It indicates your Maestro is operating on battery power.  With Li ion batteries, they are designed to deliver a constant voltage until they run down.  If you get a low voltage indication message, the battery is just about dead and you need to replace it ASAP.
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Tim, I thought I had remembered it showing me the charge level when I first received the Maestro. Clearly mistaken.
       Watts
       K4QJZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.