Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.10.16 -- SSDR CAT reporting VSP not running?

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone else noticed SmartSDR CAT reporting that FlexVSP is not running after a restart of the computer?  I had an Win10/Dell update this morning which requested a restart of the computer and when it came back up, I got the message from SSDR CAT that the Flex VSP wasn't running.  This is the 2nd time I've seen this and in each case, the only fix was to completely uninstall both SSDR and FlexVSP and re-install them again.

I'm sure someone would have mentioned this already, but I thought I'd check.  I didn't see this behaviour with 1.9.13.

thanks
Don VE7ATJ

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Microsoft released some updates the last few weeks some causing issues with devices, at least for me. I had to deal with uninstalling and updating several programs. You might want to do an uninstall of Flex software (ssdr, dax, cat, FlexVSP), reboot, and install fresh.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Before you do that, try removing FLexVSP and re-installing before going to what has been termed the "Nuclear Option."

Jim, K6QE

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Or, just use Window 7, which continues to work fine.

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I just find it doesn't take that much more time and usually end game less time to just uninstall and reinstall. Your don't loose your personal settings.  I do know with the last round of windows updates the reinstall did not fix things with several of the programs and I had to do a clean reinstall. The Flex software wasn't an issue for me this time. It is up to the individual which path you want to take.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

As an aside from all of this, there is a program called WintoUSB. I have Windows 7 loaded on a premium thumb drive plugged into my USB port. When I use Flex, I boot up on this thumb drive and run Flex. Until Windows gets the hair out of it's **** about change, change, change, change..., this is a good solution.

Jim, K6QE

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    But is end of life. Ideally would be nice if Flex were to offer a linux version but they don't see it as profitable.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Great suggestion.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I saw the same issue but located the FlexVSP executable and manually started the app, once; been fine since. 

Latest W10x64 updates installed. 
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Where did you find the executable?
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi David... as I said, the only fix I could find was to do exactly that -- uninstall EVERYTHING related to SSDR and re-install.

Lionel has an interesting option tho (see below) in simply locating and re-running the VSP executable.

Don VE7ATJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.