Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power SWR Meter background color

Mike VA3MD
Mike VA3MD Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like to know if the dark red scale of the Power & SWR meter could be changed. I have a hard time seeing the red scale with the black background as I have a red green color deficiency. Is there a way to change the red scale or lighten the background so the scale stands out more.
                        Most of us with this problem do see red but when it put on a dark background it
is a real problem. I know this has been asked in the past and maybe it not on the top of the list
to do with all you have to with SmartSDR but please take a look at a simple change that could help some of with a color problem. 

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Mike,
    Here is a link to the idea to improve on the colors and scale for the SWR and Power.   It is currently in the top 10 with 37 votes.  

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea_to_improve_the_swr_and_power_scale_readability

If the colors and other changes shown in the mockups are still not readable it would be a good place to add your comments about a lighter (or maybe white) background.    

It has been on the list for about 3 years but hopefully once some of the other big enhancements (like V2.x for WAN) are complete the GUI changes will get some attention. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.10.16
    Win10

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Mike

Welcome to the crowd of visually challenged hams..

I have been Begging for this change for several years both here and on the Alpha team.  But other priorities seem to get in the way...

The good news is that Flex has hired someone to work on the GUI... so maybe, maybe

In the interim... SmartSDR for iOS already has alternative colors that are quite readable.

• Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited March 2017
    May be a Digital Readout as an option

Cliff vK2NP
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Cliff, Take a look at the idea referenced above and scroll down. Digital readouts for both SWR and POWER are in the mockups. Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • Mike VA3MD
    Mike VA3MD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I like your idea 3 years ago with the white lines...Mike VA3MD

• Mike VA3MD
    Mike VA3MD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Great Idea Mike VA3md

• DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello,
    perhaps a 3rd party tool helps to overcome the problem as long the feature is not implemented in SmartSDR.

I use the Smart S-Meter Plus software from WoodBoxRadio, because the readability is better with this analog meter with peakmeter...

@FRS:
    If you implement some customization, some parameters for peak indicator hold time, up + down average time would also be helpful.

Attached of my setup (classic mode):

73 de
    Ruediger, DH1RK
  • Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Al,

Really like the mock up .

Regards Cliff VK2NP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.