Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When will my new PowerGenius-XL Ship? Track Yours Here!!

Wayne Westfield
Wayne Westfield Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I thought I would start a thread where we can all track our order numbers and report back when one of us gets notification that theirs is shipping. 

The idea being, based on the order number we can figure out among ourselves where we are in the line, and then we can also figure out the delivery time line based on the reports of the shipping notification.

I'll start

Ordered on 2/2/2017  Order number AB-11650

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Wow... You guys all have lots of money!   I hope to see some Youtube vidoes and see some big sigs on the bands!
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2017
    Well maybe we just spend it in the wrong places, different priorities, etc.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I approach big buys like the PowerGeniusXL by setting some money aside every week into a hobby fund. Started doing this when saving up for the launch of the Flex-5000. I even had my order pushed off back then to the second run because my radio fund wasn't ready to cover the expense. I also put back into the fund the proceeds from gear I sell off. I did the same save every week system to get ready for the anniversary cruise we took last summer. Was able to cover a vacation of the caliber she will always remember and without blowing cash flow to smithereens. Honestly, I have had raid the set-aside funds to deal with the unexpected. Though had to put off the spend for the intended purpose, having the funds sure made expenses for unexpected difficult times annoying rather than a catastrophe. Anyway that is my secret method and it works for me. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like what I do, right now though I am working extra hours to get this big boy caught up by launch.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You guys are dedicated!
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Interesting I ordered mine on 2/8/17 but I have a sequentially lower order number. Maybe there is some secret order numbering schema that FRS is using???  :-) 
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I set money aside into a hobby fund too.  But at the end of the month seems that cookie jar keeps getting emptied...

I think the key here is to figure out how to make more money! :)
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2019
    That would mean your order was placed before mine, or am i missing something.  I suspect that you will also receiver your before me or on or about the same time, depends the numbers they get shipped to them to ship back out. 
    Post your order so we can all figure out where we are in the line.
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2017
    humm I think somehow my original post got messed up I mean for it to be to 2/8/17 hence my reply
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited July 2019
    So to start of correctly:
    Ordered on 2/8/2017  Order number AB-11650
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Wayne, you must have ordered later on "opening day". I was about an hour late seeing the email announcement but snagged 11632.

• Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2019
    I ordered around 4PM I think, so that makes 18 between us

• Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I ordered my Power Genius Monday, March 6. Order number AB-11835. They must be going quickly.
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2019
    Ok order so far
    K3TIM                 - 02-02-2017 - 11632
    Wayne Westfield - 02-02-2017 - 11650
    Brad Steffler        - 03-06-2017 - 11385
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    No idea what my order number was but after noticing the full amount on my credit card yesterday, I got my notification this morning that it will be shipped April 1st.
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Wayne. I wished my number was AB-11385, but, alas, it is AB-11835,  185 after yours.
    Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Just to clarify my post, please notice the shipping date, this was an attempt of an early April fools joke. My credit card has not been charge and I have not received any notifications from FRS.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Will someone order one for me and I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday! Let's see who gets the joke.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I heard that guy used to print QSLs. 
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2017
    Wimpy from Popeye fame. A character I can identify with.

Now I'm hungry.

Kev
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    We have In n Out Burgers here in Calif! But if you really want a heart attack burger check out Apollo Restaurant in Victorville, Ca https://www.yelp.com/biz/apollo-restaurant-victorville  
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited March 2017
    I can recommend Spelunkers in Front Royal, VA. https://www.yelp.com/biz/spelunkers-front-royal-2

Now I'm really hungry.
  • Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2017
    lol

• Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2019
    K3TIM - 02-02-2017 - 11632 Wayne Westfield - 02-02-2017 - 11650 Brad Steffler - 03-06-2017 - 11835
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2019
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    A CLUE! Halloween?

Kev

• Wayne Westfield
    edited March 2017
    Certainly depicts us pre-order folks
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Looks more like Christmas!
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    9 Feb 2017 -- 11667
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ordered about an hour after receiving the email.  AB-11628

I went to the Belton hamfest yesterday and was able to see the new amp in person. Very nice. 

I asked about the companion tuner and there wasn't any info available.  I was lucky and found an excellent deal on a Palstar AT-Auto.  The seller was pulling it out of the box as he was setting up just as I was walking by.

My antennas are mono band antennas, but it will come in handy on 80 and 160 to help manage the swr as I move away from the resonant frequency.

The AT-Auto is playing nicely with the USB port on the back of my 6700.

I may have to track down a 2nd AT-Auto so I'll be ready for SO2R.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.