Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest Update 1.10.16

Bob Brown - N8OB
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I downloaded the latest update (1.10.16)  and now the 6300 won't get recognized when I try to turn it on.  I shut off the 6300, unplugged the power cable for about a minute, Double checked all my connectors, but nothing works.  All other things work on the pc.  Any ideas??

Comments

• W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bob,

More info please, after you downloaded the package then what? Take us through the steps you took and your environment prior to starting the upgrade.

1) What version are you attempting to upgrade from?
    2) Did after installation did you perform a radio upgrade?
    3) Are you launching the new version of the SW or the old.I have seen the old stick around.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    hard reset?
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm a new user of a 6300 (2 weeks now).  Been a knob radio ham for 61 years.  Decided to try SDR before I go to the "big Contest in the Sky".  It's concerning to see posts relative to updates killing a radio.  Hope this is not the norm with Flex updates.  Have to follow this issue closely before updating SmartSDR.

Al
    W1JHU
  • RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Al I have been a Flex user for about 1.5 years...during that time I have updated my 6300, 6500 and Maestro several times without issue.  Anytime you are dealing with software you have issues from time to time...I know my day is coming...I was an Icom guy before Flex...the 7600 is still on the desk but never used.  The support from Flex is great should you have an issue...and the user group is great...in short upgrade and enjoy...just my opinion...

Ronald
    W4RJF
  • Al Reeves
    Al Reeves Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for your assurance Ronald.  My FTdx-5000MP still sits under my 6300 just in case.

Al
    W1JHU
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the radio from being seen. Every time I upgrade SSDR I have to create new firewall rules in my antivirus/firewall software (ESET).

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    After almost 4 years with the Flex 6700, the only times (twice) I have had update problems is when I forgot (or ignored) Rule numbers 1 and 2.

Rule One     "Read The Release Notes Twice".
              Rule Two     "Read The Release Notes One At A Time As You Go Through Each Step.

I just upgraded to Version 1.10.16 with zero problems, but all that reading did take some extra time.
    I know its kind of corny but it works for me.
    Al,   N4AB 

• Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited February 2017
    I got it working.  I turned the radio off for about 1/2 hour (per someone's suggestion).uninstalled the Beta version, downloaded the latest update, turned the radio back on for about 15 minutes after a reset.  I opened the program, and it did the update to the radio.  Now, it is working.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What does "nothing works" mean?  No lights on the radio?  Does DAX and CAT load in the computer?  Does the radio show up in the radio chooser screen when you turn it on?  I'm sorry this happened to you being so new.  I've loaded hundreds of versions of SSDR as an alpha tester and this has happened a couple of times to me, but is always recoverable with a factory reset.   

73  W9OY
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited December 2019
    The radio didn't show in the Radio chooser screen and the factory reset didn't do anything. After the time out procedure, it came back to life.
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bob:

Just to pile on.Think I am coming up on three years with the 6700. Have had not a single major issue with updates. Some time ago the CAT and DAX settings would need resetting after an update. Recent upgrades have not caused any problems there.

My upgrade experience was solid even though I adopted Win10 early on. Many had troubles then, and some claimed WIn10 should be avoided at all costs. No special skill on my part -- just living my motto -- "better lucky than good!"

Fingers crossed my luck holds. After 59 years of hamming and engineering, know Murphy is lurking for sure.

Hope you have the same great experience with your new Flex. Believe you will find this forum super helpful. Same true for the FRS support folks.

73, Tom
    K1FR
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hard reset did !!  :)
  • Bob Bennett
    Bob Bennett Member
    edited February 2017
    I deleted to old copies before installing the new one. Worked OK on my 6500 and Maestro

Bob
    nz2z

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.