Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No graphics acceleration, where does SmartSDR get info?

Options
Dave - WB5NHL
Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I using an AMD quad-core processor (A10-6800K) accelerated processor on an ASUS F2A85-V Pro motherboard. The graphics processor is an integrated Radeon HD 8670D. SmartSDR settings says No graphics acceleration??? Where does SmartSDR get this info? BTW, this hardware drives 3 monitors out-of-the-box using an added display port -> DVI adapter for the 3rd monitor.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dave, SmartSDR is a WPF application and when it starts it queries the graphics subsystem for it's capabilities and uses what it is told it has. Obviously the embedded graphics adapter has the capability to do the necessary graphics rendering, but something else is preventing it from properly informing SmartSDR. Make sure that your video drivers are up to date. That is where I would start first. Then make sure you have all of your .NET components updated too.
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Everything is up to date on both Windows side and AMD drivers side. Some Googling has NOT been helpful. AMD just keeps saying it supports DirectX 11 (I'm running) etc etc. I also dug into the BIOS turning on "extreme" for the GPU setting - no change. The video is performing ok; it just surprised me that there was no h/w acceleration. The only thing I can think of now is the fact I'm using an extended desktop across the 3 monitors? But, then serious gamers are using this kind of configuration. Go figure.... Thanks. I'll repost if I find an answer.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can set a registry setting to disable or enable acceleration in WPF. This link provides you with the information to check. May be worth a look. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa970912.aspx and this link within that page will explain the rendering levels. It also contains info on the DXDIAG tool. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742196.aspx
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Some more Googling kinda revealed the issue. It seems to be a driver issue with AMD. Since I am using the custom AMD driver the normal Windows ability to turn on/off/adjust acceleration isn't available. Going into the AMD Vision Engine Control Center reveals alots of tweaks but no hardware acceleration setting. Given everything seems to work well, I guess I'm at the end of the quest.
  • JuanJo Valdes
    JuanJo Valdes Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    i have the same motherboard and processor. How did you Plug the monitors? One to dvi port, one to display port with adapter, and the third one? Vga or hdmi ? Are the three at the same resolution? Or may I use one that is bigger?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.