Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.10.8.30 CAT with a Acom 600s works great, 5 minute setup.

W0JD
W0JD Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Like the title says works great. Made a cable tested it with DDUtil transition to radio direct was painless.

Comments

• George K7GRJ
    George K7GRJ Member
    edited December 2016
    Just received my 600S this week.  Curious to what you have accomplished.   Just band following or other?  Will be downloading 10.8 tonite.  Are you using the cat or rs232 port?

George K7GRJ
  • Tony Scandurra K4QE
    Tony Scandurra K4QE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jay,

I, too, am interested in the gory details.  My 600s arrives in a few days.

73, Tony K4QE
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Please share the details, I've have a 600S too with a LDG AT-1000ProII and will be great to use it all together.

• Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    +1 one wanting some details. What kind of cable did you make?

73 Chris AK4SK
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Same, would be interested to hear what the benefits were. The ACOM 600S already does auto-sensing of band, curious what we extras there were. I just used an RCA cable from the Flex to the ACOM to sense the band up to this point.
  • W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Wrote this up over the weekend, your feedback please.

http://morsetutor.com/2016/12/flex-6500-usb-serial-to-acom-600s/

73, Jay N0IAI

• Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Awesome tutorial Jay, many thanks for taking the time for enlight us.

Best.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Made this cable today and it works like a champ.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.