Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Serial Computer controlled antenna switches

Jay Woods
Jay Woods Member ✭✭
I have installed my Antennas. I have a Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch. I would like to serial computer control the antenna switch via the computer remotely. K7AGE has a great you-tube video on how to control the Ameritron switch with a National Control device board. I need to know what software there is out their to control the remote coax switch via a rs-232 serial port. I am looking for just an Antenna switching Software for 5 Antennas for one radio the flex 6500.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    May I suggest you patiently wait a short while for the next release of SmartSDR. Steve has already said in the last newsletter this is forthcoming. With the proper USB cable you'll be able to control the switch using just the radio. A separate computer will not be needed. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Patiently waiting that facility, the so2r box and the amp here :-) any idea yet how the usb connection will deal with so2r ie I currently have ant socket 1 conbected to input 1 of a microham 2x6 port switch and ant socket 2 connected to input 2 of the switch. I currently manually switch any of six antennas to a or b on the flex, with n1mm seeing them as radio 1 and radio 2. Will the forthcoming usb lead feature control antenna switching for both a and b antenna ports or just one? My manual switch has 6 positions x2 for each "radio" and a seventh position for each radio to switch to auto mode once flex release a means to band decode. I had planned to buy a new 2x8 port 4o3a switch to use ethernet control but if the usb option will band decode for both a and b slices on my 6300 i can stick with current switch. 73 Steve gw0gei/ gw9J
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It will handle input 1 & 2 using BCD or serial. I recommend you be patient a bit longer. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I use the antenna switch made by ICE. I purchased the relay board from China on EBAY that is compatible with DDUTIL. It was very easy to use the relays to control my ICE switch. It connects via USB and is controlled via DDUTIL. Super simple setup.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Mack, looking forward to it
  • EA4AYW
    EA4AYW Member
    edited May 2020
    you can put the link relays ebay to see how it is
    Thank you.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Strange, I posted info, but it did not appear. Reposting

Here is DDUTIL info
    http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=USB-8_Relay_Board

Here are two sources of the relay board.
    (I purchased this one - at the time it was less expensive.)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SainSmart-8-channel-12-V-USB-Relay-Board-Module-Controller-4-Automation-Robo...

http://denkovi.com/productv/31/usb-eight-channel-relay-board-for-automation.html

• Jay Woods
    Jay Woods Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bob Thanks for the information. It was very helpful. I have finally figured out the hardware interface. So do you have any suggestions about any software programs that are strictly for antenna switching. I have looked on line and most articles are about the hardware and no real antenna switching software. Where do I look on the internet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.