Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartCAT component trial period expired message?

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Running SmartSDR 1.9.13 -- just today, after I restarted my computer (running Win10) to install Windows updates, I got a message from the SmartCAT startup that a component's trial period had expired and now SmartCAT won't initiate.

Anyone else seeing this message?

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I went through an update reboot today but I see no issues with SmartCAT. Everything seems to have started up fine.

MS Windows 1607 build 14393.351
    SmartSDR 1.9.13.173

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just upgraded my three computers to Windows 10 with no issues.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    would try a re-install of SSDR.  If this continues I would open up a ticket.  is your windows isntance properly activated?  I have never seen this before.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2019
    Can we see a screenshot of the actual error?
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Here's the screenshot.
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    OK, I did a full uninstall of SmartSDR, restart of computer, redownload of SmartSDR 1.9.13 from the Downloads area, then full re-install.  I get the same message.

And yes, I'm running a fully legal, registered copy of Win10.
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    OK, I think I may have found the problem and solution.
    It appears to be related to running possibly an 'old' version of FlexVSP with this newer version of SmartSDR.

Apparently, FlexVSP is installed as the final part of the full install, but is NOT automatically uninstalled when you uninstall SmartSDR.  You need to uninstall the FlexVSP module as well, BEFORE installing the new version of SmartSDR.  [I'm sure this is probably written up somewhere, but it would be helpful to either have it happen automagically or be explicitly included in the installation instructions for SmartSDR.]

Otherwise, it appears the new installer doesn't recognize there's an old version of FlexVSP there, and simply leaves it alone.  Hence, the incompatibility between the NEW version of SmartSDR and the old version of FlexVSP.

Anyway, after uninstalling both FlexVSP and SmartSDR, then re-installing 1.9.13 again from the installer package, everything seems to be fine now.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I had the same error after Windbloze 10 did some updates I hadn't approved. All I did was reboot and SmartSDR worked afterward.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Glad you got it working.  Did you by chance remember what version of FlexVSP was installed that gave the error?
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Most likely it was the one that came with SmartSDR 1.9.7, but I can't be sure.
    Sorry.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.