Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Missing DAX Drivers After upgrade

Nick
Nick Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Usual problems after upgrading to 1.9.7.  Went in through Control Panel and deleted all Flex devices and drivers.  Restarted machine and reinstalled package, got start up messaging saying error occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device.  Lists three conditions, the first one is probably the problem,  DAX driver not properly installed.  Looking in Control Panel there is no devices listed for DAX.  Reinstalled several times and no drivers installed.  Any idea where I can download these drivers?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The reason you are having the "usual" problems is because of unnecessarily removing drivers that should not be removed.

Never manually uninstall the DAX drivers or the FlexVSP drivers unless you are explicitly instructed to do so.  There is only one way to uninstall the DAX drivers correctly and that is by using the SmartSDR uninstaller or manually (which is referenced in Terry's post above)

This step is totally unnecessary for most software upgrades and will result in issues like this.

I have uninstalled literally thousands of versions of SmartSDR and I NEVER uninstall the DAX driver or FlexVSP.  Never.  Ever.  I recommend everyone follow the same best practice for the most optimal new software installation experience.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I totally agree on this as I removed everything as you did Nick and worked two days on problems. Dax and cat errors. The manual re-installs on both Dax and cat will resolve the errors if needed on one or both. 73's Joe WD5Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.