Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR auto-start single radio?

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Please....is there a flag or something hidden in SSDR config files that will make it automatically open my one and only (default) radio?    Why is it necessary select a radio when there is clearly only one found on the network?

Yes I know some lucky people might have more than one radio, in which case they must select which radio, but the rest of us don't need this unnecessary step.

I have 7 apps, all of which open automatically and run without intervention. I even have a little app which forces them all to remember window size and positions. I have wired the pins on the back of the F6k to auto-power up too, thus bypassing the soft-power button, but still I need to click a pointless menu.

A flag would be good, a config menu switch to pre-select a default radio would be even better. A small ask but a big PITA.

Answers

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have never found selecting so challenging.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Or offer the option to identify a default radio or a priority setting of each radio. In addition an option on each radio to autostart (connect) them or not. This way even those with multiple radios could take advantage of a single step process to connecting to the radio(s).
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    i think one of the reasons is that you need to be able to select the radio to upgrade when running a later release (or downgrade as the urge hits).

There could be options for this however, such as if you have autoselecct specified but are running a different version than the one currently installed on the radio that then the select screen is mandatory.

I do agree its a very small annoyance but I do agree with Steve!
  • Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Give AutoIT a try. It's an automation tool commonly used by IT pros to automate Windows mouse and keyboard tasks. You should be able to use it to select the radio and press the Connect button. https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/ Hope that's helpful. Rick (Still waiting on my new call sign)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This would be a helpful addition to SmartSDR. Following up it would be nice to have s connect-like-last-time option in SmartSDR for Maestro to zip through the startup. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It´s true for the Maestro interface too.
    Would be nice to skip this silly thing.
    The Software can bring-up the dialogue, if a new version for download is available.
    Perhaps a short delay for user interaction to change something other as default will be helpful.
    Must have in v1.9 ;-)

73, Ruediger, DH1RK
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    If anyone, is interested in doing this with AutoIt, and has installed AutoIt, I will share a link to my AutoIt script, (with instructions for using it), that does this, via email. My email address is good on QRZ.
    I've been starting SmartSDR this way, all along. 
    I started using AutoIt with PowerSDR when I bought my SDR1000. 
    I also use Autoit, with every other application I use in my typical ham session.
    It can start them, position them, and close them all, when I'm done. Usually just one click to start them, and one click to close them.  
    Works great! image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    This step like several should be able to be bypassed, Memory should also be ONE click..... Having a Cadillac with out power steering is a bummer.  Did I mention no squelch.

But is great that we can finally disconnect other radio from here....it was well overdue.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Love it, Jay. HiHi
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is feature request #179 in our database.At this time it has not been scheduled for inclusion in a release of SmartSDR for Windows.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What about squelch... number ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I have answered your question previously.
  • Dave Dave
    Dave Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Not number on list tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Feature #1315

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    In the meantime have you tried FRStack's SSB/AM meter level mute? Just curious what modes do you use squelch with?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It has been explained to him how he can do it as many do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.