Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer / DDUtil interface TCP socket

mlstutler
mlstutler Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Wondering if the TCP socket that CW Skimmer / DDutil uses to listen to the Flex server is configurable.  Currently it is 7310.   Reason I am asking as it seems to be interfering with other programs (Live Mail). I am not sure that is the reason but if I could change it then I could test to see if there is a conflict.   BTW I just got the Flex working with CW Skimmer and DDUtil yesterday.  I was really doing it the hard way before.   It's nice to actually have CW Skimmer freq readout track the VFO.

Mike, W8MLS

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    For CWSkimmer the answer is yes (the setting is in the ini file).  Not sure about DDUtil.
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No not currently, but it's on the enhancement list.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the update, Steve
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Steve, I haven't tried to use Skimmer with DDUtil instead of SDRBridge, yet.  I hope to try tonight or Thursday.

I notice in your help file that your arrangement only works for slices A & B.  Would it be possible in your next update to allow it to work with Slice C or D?  My reason is that I would like to park a Skimmer using slice C or D on a frequency and simply use it to poipulate the bandmap in N1MM via the Tenlet interface.  I don't really need to use all the click-tune stuff, I just want to create my own spotting network from my own receiver using the 96 or 192 DAX IQ feed, If I could use slice C or D for this, then my A & B would still be available for SO2R.  I did this a few weeks ago for the CQ 160 CW contest and it worked pretty well, within limits, using SDR-Bridge.  

But if I am going to use DDUtil for some antenna/preamp switching, I might as well use it to drive Skimmer.

Thanks,

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.