Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logitech H600 w/SmartSDR iOS

Gary, KE8O
Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've been using the SmartSDR iOS app on my wife's AIR2 and loving it. It works great with the AIR2 built-in speakers and one of those bluetooth speaker cubes she has. I recently bought a Logitech H600 bluetooth headset because using the built-in or cube speaker to operate can be challenging in noisy environments (for me and those around me).  The H600 pairs up with the AIR2 just fine. However, in SmartSDR iOS the audio only works with the AIR2 built-in speaker/mic with the H600 paired. With SmartSDR running if I go into the iOS control panel as Marcus suggested in another post there are no bluetooth devices next to the Air Play box. However, if I play music with the H600 paired and go into the iOS control center I see the built-in AIR2 device and the H600 next to the air play box. And the H600 has a check mark next to it, and the music does play  through the H600 headset. Not being an iOS person this has me stumped.  I've tried removing the H600 in bluetooh settings and readding it with the same results. It also most seems like the H600 profile is not being recognized by certain iOS applications. I also paired the H600 with my wife's 6s+ with the same results. I then tried making a phone call with the H600 paired thinking it might work like a phone bluetooth headset and it was not detected by the phone application.

...Gary, KE8O

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I use a H600 works great on all myipads
  • Gary, KE8O
    Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Howard, I thought you might use a H600 and the reason I ordered one. Are you running iOS 9.3.4? ...Gary
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited May 2019
    I am confused.  I have a Logitech H600 and it is 2.4ghz  wireless and not bluetooth.  It requires a USB Nano receiver plugged into a USB port.  What am I missing?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Flip the switch for bluetooth.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    the USB Nano is a range extender.. it will also work Bluetooth.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Yes.. 9.3.4

But I was mistaken.. I am using the older Logitech H110 Bluetooth model

Looks exactly the same..

• John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    TU I got it to pair with BT...Logitech could sure use better documentation on its BT capability instead of use with the USB Nano receiver.

However, I have the same problem as the original poster in that it does not seem to work with SmartSDR IoS.
  • Gary, KE8O
    Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    John, Thanks for conforming the problem. I'm sending my H600 back and will be trying a H800 next. The H800 specifically mentions compatibility with IPAD, IPhone, etc.
  • Gary, KE8O
    Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Swapping out the H600 with the model H800 solved my problem. So the H600 is not fully compatible with the IPAD.
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Gary, TU for that information.  Do you notice any difference in the audio spectrum output vs the H600?  

I also cannot get the H600 to pass audio over BT on my iPhone or Android devices. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.