Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A Mutes B and B Mutes A

John K4SQC
John K4SQC Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I create a second slice on the Maestro, pushing the A audio control mutes the B slice and the other way around...B mutes A.  Maybe I am just missing something.  Running 1.7.30 on a 6700.

Answers

• KM4CJ
    KM4CJ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    John, It is tricky at first.  If you press and hold the A audio it will Mute A.  If you press and Hold B audio it will mute B. When you tap it mutes the other channel as you described.  So it is working fine. Once you know how it works it makes sense.  Hope this helps.  Steve
  • W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ran into this myself this week.  Thought my Maestro needed rebooting because of this but I took a minute & consulted the docs.  It isn't intuitive but once you know how it's supposed to work it's OK.  
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That is the way it works.  Touch vs. hold.    It is in the manual on page 32.

Mike va3mw

8.5 HOW TO ADJUST THE SPEAKER AND HEADPHONE VOLUME OF A SLICE RECEIVER Speaker and headphone audio levels are controlled by the AF/AGCT/SQL multi-function controls on the Maestro front panel. Speaker and headphone audio level is controlled with the inner knob. The Automatic Gain Control Threshold is adjusted with the outer knob. When the Slice is operating in an FM mode, the outer knob controls the audio squelch level.

A short press of the inner knob mutes the other Slice, placing the audio in Solo mode. A long press of the inner knob mutes or unmutes the corresponding Slice. When a Slice is muted, a mute indicator appears superimposed on the Slice Flag.
  • John K4SQC
    John K4SQC Member
    edited December 2016
    As I suspected a PICNIC problem.......Problem In Chair Not In Computer!  Thanks to all for your help ...and thanks for being kind.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.